'The Booking Diary' booking rules

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lconnor92

Reaction score
hi everyone.
just looking at ways to improve how i take bookings in the diary... i dont take my own bookings in the salon i work in, but want to throw some ideas to my manager.
As im getting more established my diary is becoming full, but im sick of having 30 min gaps because of the way we book.
so say
NAILS AT 10am
Pedicure at 11.30am
Becuase a ebw was booked in at 11.15
Do you have any Booking rules ??
Leeanne x

I'm hair so don't have the same smaller slots as beauty however when I'm not in the salon I ask that the girls use a bit of common sense when filling me up - I rarely take appointments of 15-45mins I try to keep them on the hour or half hour. If you do take lots of 15min spaces try to encourage your salon to offer clients times rather than just ask what time they want....that way they can bunch your apps together :)

To add to that sometimes having pointless gaps in my day are good as if I'm running behind I can catch up lol

Rather than ask the clients to choose a time I'll offer them ones that are convenient for me, so you don't end up with a gap in the middle of the day.
Obviously if they cant do that time theres not alot you can do but most people are pretty flexible x

I'm hair so don't have the same smaller slots as beauty however when I'm not in the salon I ask that the girls use a bit of common sense when filling me up - I rarely take appointments of 15-45mins I try to keep them on the hour or half hour. If you do take lots of 15min spaces try to encourage your salon to offer clients times rather than just ask what time they want....that way they can bunch your apps together :)
I think I might do on the hour or on the half hour bookings... It's true sometimes they are helpful when you run behind xx

Rather than ask the clients to choose a time I'll offer them ones that are convenient for me, so you don't end up with a gap in the middle of the day.
Obviously if they cant do that time theres not alot you can do but most people are pretty flexible x
Yeah that's what I try and do myself, ask them morning and evening and offer them times I have thanks for your advice x

Back