The edge products.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sash1

Reaction score
Hi all,
i was just wondering if any of you use The Edge products?
What are their pros and cons?
what are they like?
thanks
sash

I mostly use Bio gel now but have used their tip n dip previously. I didn't get on with their tips had problems with them and or clients cracking them down the middle as they are not very flexible. I believe they now do a soak off gel so would be interested myself in giving it a go. Not really sure how their L&p compares with creative for example but I am guessing creative better although Nailzoo said recently that he doesn't always use the the more expensive end of the market because you can get cheaper alternatives. Perhaps you should PM him for advice.

The Edge products are reasonable and do what they are supposed to but it depends on what level of service you want to give. I would like to give ceative L&P a go but get a bit fed up with the creative snobbery that goes on here sometimes (sorry guys but it does feel like that sometimes!!) That said they cant all be wrong can they?

We use The Edge at college.
Havent had any problems with any of their products, however their gel is quite runny and I havent tried anything else to compare it with.

I get the impression that The Edge is a cheaper end of the market, but like I say I cant fault their products.

The customer service is brilliant.

Imho there is no comparison the to "high end" products.

Longevity of the product,discolouration etc are all factors which need to be taken into consideration when choosing a brand,as is education and customer service.

Had i ,and my clients been happy with the product it would not have been necessary for me to convert to another brand hth's

Oh btw how many competition winners and industry icons use The Edge ????? :lol:

thank you everyone for the replies. it looks like a case of you only get what you pay for.

I Trained with Alida (The Edge) and I do like there products especially the L&P as i love the colour pink they do! they only thing i dont like about the Edge is the UV liquid - although it is self balancing im not keen on the finished result. I have now switched and Use NSI attraction which i love.

The Edge products are much better than some others on the market and are definately worth a try, i cant say the results are any better or any worse than NSI that i use, i just seem to get a better ratio with NSI.

hth

Thank you vicky, maybe i will give it a go. i dont want to jump on the "creative" bandwagon so i will try it for myself.
thank you
sash

Some time ago I couldn't get my normal tips from my supplier so bought some The Edge tips that were similar. I found they were inconsistent in size and not finished well, as well as being brittle. Apart from this small piece of info, I can't comment. Good luck! x:)

Totally agree with you here, the tips were not finishing well and would crack all the time, also the gel I found was too runny and I did not like the end result....but I do like the L&P, the pink is a very nice shade.

Imho there is no comparison the to "high end" products.

Longevity of the product,discolouration etc are all factors which need to be taken into consideration when choosing a brand,as is education and customer service.

Had i ,and my clients been happy with the product it would not have been necessary for me to convert to another brand hth's

Oh btw how many competition winners and industry icons use The Edge ????? :lol:
Leighton Denny does doesn't he? or he certainly did.I think he won a few.

I only Edge product I use is their fabulous Super Shiney buffer ... it's brilliant.

I only Edge product I use is their fabulous Super Shiney buffer ... it's brilliant.
Me too, the best buffer on the market. Im creative trained but The Edge buffer far out weighs the creative girlfriend buffer. I used the latter and could never get a high shine on my nails and I thought it was the product. Nope it was the buffer. I couldnt live without The Edge buffers

we used the edge in college..and i dont really like it that much,found other makes thats a lot easier to use and got more products to choose from(colours etc).:)

I mostly use Bio gel now but have used their tip n dip previously. I didn't get on with their tips had problems with them and or clients cracking them down the middle as they are not very flexible. I believe they now do a soak off gel so would be interested myself in giving it a go. Not really sure how their L&p compares with creative for example but I am guessing creative better although Nailzoo said recently that he doesn't always use the the more expensive end of the market because you can get cheaper alternatives. Perhaps you should PM him for advice.

The Edge products are reasonable and do what they are supposed to but it depends on what level of service you want to give. I would like to give creative L&P a go but get a bit fed up with the creative snobbery that goes on here sometimes (sorry guys but it does feel like that sometimes!!) That said they cant all be wrong can they?
When I first started out I tried The Edge products, however I found that I didn't get on with them that well IMO. I moved on to train with Creative because of their reputation for high standards. TBH I feel I couldn't use anything else.

I'm so sorry to here that you feel there is a certain amount of "Creative snobbery" on this site. I'm sure that it really isn't intended that way. It's just that alot of people are passionate about their products and believe in the products that they are using. I know myself that there are many products out there that are just as high quality, and I believe it should be left up to the individual to choose what suits them.

Please don't feel put off by what you have read. The only way to find out if a product suits you is to try them, whether it be The Edge, Creative, Bio Sculpture, OPI..........need I go on.:)

thank you all for your replies. i think i will take tiger jays advice and try it for myself and see how i get on with it.
thank you all for your opinions

sash

Latest posts

Back