The Gel Bottle brand

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Afternoon All,

I have been looking at The Gel Bottle brand as i have been reading a lot of good things about it.

Obviously they recommend using their lamp, however it is fairly pricey, ive found ones that are also 48w with 36/39 led lights for ALOT let money. Can i have peoples opinions on if it is worth buying the cheaper version? I dont exactly have a client base, so far i have just been able to a few friends nails so i am not exactly covering any of the costs i have already forked out.

And just peoples general opinion on the brand itself?

Also i read somewhere about people being concerned that just anyone can buy their products without proving they have the corrected certification. Just wanted to say i have been requested to provide my certs so that may be a new thing, but it is now in place.

I have read quite a lot of posts - here and on other forums, including The Gel Bottle's own Facebook group - where nail techs are asking for advice on problems with TGB and in every case they've admitted they're not using TGB's own lamp.
I use TGB and have their lamp and haven't experienced any of the problems I've read about.

I understand it's very expensive when you're starting up but if you buy a cheap lamp and it doesn't cure properly, you'll end up forking out even more buying another lamp. (As well as potentially exposing yourself and your clients to under-cured gel).

There is a post at the top of the Nail Form here called "UV lamps explained - (why any old lamp just won't do". (Sorry, I'm not sure how to put the link in) and that will explain why using the correct lamp is so important.

I find TGB's products do live up to the hype to be honest. They apply nicely and last really well. I use BIAB for all my overlays and it's fantastic.
I also had to send proof of my qualifications. They changed to professional only over a year ago but I have a feeling unqualified DIYers from before that time are still able to buy it judging by some of the posts/comments on their Facebook page!

I hope this helps you make a decision.

If you are open to consider other options, my company IKON.IQ Nails provides our SIRIUS-48W LED/UV lamp free when you purchase gel polishes for £180 exc. VAT. We do this because we want our clients to get the same perfect results that we do, and to help reduce your allergy risk.

You can find our group on Facebook and read the rave reviews of this unique, hypoallergenic gel polish that covers in ONE colour layer.

On that note Bob, when will you be bringing your products to South Africa? I can assure you there is a market here for it. Please consider! I would love to use your range of products. I know plenty of nail techs who would too.

If you are open to consider other options, my company IKON.IQ Nails provides our SIRIUS-48W LED/UV lamp free when you purchase gel polishes for £180 exc. VAT. We do this because we want our clients to get the same perfect results that we do, and to help reduce your allergy risk.

You can find our group on Facebook and read the rave reviews of this unique, hypoallergenic gel polish that covers in ONE colour layer.
I will have a look into this brand too thank you for the suggestion!

On that note Bob, when will you be bringing your products to South Africa? I can assure you there is a market here for it. Please consider! I would love to use your range of products. I know plenty of nail techs who would too.

We'd love to as well and have the chance to visit and educate in SA. But like in other aspects of life finding a good partner is tough . We've always been more than a product company. For Iryna and I, helping NT develop their potential through our education that we offer from beginner to top international competition level is very important. A distributor has to have the potential to be educated and offer this.

Latest posts

Back