The new NVQ - where is it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jane

Scratchers Geek
Reaction score
Am I right in thinking that the new NVQ hasn't started yet and that the assessment centres are waiting for the relevant paperwork from from C&G?

Hi Jane
The new NVQ started in Aug. It may be that record books are not yet available from the Awarding Bodies yet but that doesn't stop any college or training provider getting going with courses.

I'm sure all the beauty courses in FE colleges started in Sept with or without books. I think many places are not quite sure what to do with the new nails NVQ! As old NVQ's were superceded from Aug anyone signing up from then will automatically be for the new Standards.

Any help? Prob not!

Maarian

Does this mean that the old Unit 19 is no longer being taught and is now defuncked?

I only ask because I spoke to two satelite assessment centres recently, one last month and the other a couple of weeks ago, and they were waiting on the final details and enrolement forms.

Yep, we are STILL waiting and have been since september!
Im fed up with asking the bosses and i am losing business, my courses are running so candidates can still be prepared but that doesnt help those just waiting to be assessed.

As soon as i have them i will post IMMEDIATELY!

Thanks Rachel.
It must be very frustrating for you.

The new NVQ's are not a surprise to Awarding Bodies or training providers!!! They have been 'on the way' for well over a year. No one can be totally sure of the little details until they are approved but this happened much earlier in the year!

Yes Unit 19 no longer exists other than for those part way through.

I don't understand why these chages cause so much confusion to AB and training centres. They are planned for ages!!

Marian
xx

PS
I had a book published in Sept that covers the new Standards. Ittakes 6-9 months from delivery of the manuscript to publication!! If I can do it, surely everyone else can???!!!

Latest posts

Back