Thick white Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah147

Reaction score
Can anyone help my white shellac is getting thick and it's only half full I've shook it for ages still doesn't make any difference x

Do you use it mainly for French? Could be that you have it open for longer than the colours, if it takes longer to do the smile.
I put a bit on a tile and put the lid back on tight so it's not open for long.
Vicki x

Can anyone help my white shellac is getting thick and it's only half full I've shook it for ages still doesn't make any difference x

Me too! Mines going really thick and French takes me ages.Xx

The reason your Cream Puff goes can get thick is because (as said above) french and sometimes take longer to apply so as you are sat painting on your smile lines your bottle of Cream Puff is left open and the solvents are evaporating (solvents are what keep our Shellac nice and fluid) unfortunately once it is thick there isn't anything you can do to get it back to its original consistency. try to be more aware when your are painting to put your lid back on when you are not using it. i see alot of people sat there playing around with the brush in the neck of the bottle waiting for the hand to cure! keep the lid on nice and tight and you will keep your Shellac nice and fresh :)

Latest posts

Back