Things that make you go hmmm?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephanieM

Reaction score
hi guys i was wondering if anyone could help me with one of many problemas i am confused about rentng a chair, right... story goes im currently employed and would love love love!!! to be self employed im extreemly lucky to have a large clientele base that i've built from scratch and i think its about time for me to start making some profit rather than making it for someone else, now im lookibg to do half mobile half rent a chair, as i get asked all the time by clients to do it at home for them, (i do also clients from my prev employment at home so i know all the pros and cons of mobile life :lol: what im wondering is .. does my public liability cover me for salon also? there is no specification on it whether its salon of home based but if i ever needed to claim if it was in salon would that be theirs or mine? (hopefuly i wont need to but im a worrier) :Scared:

Ive never done this before so im quite scared so any hints and tips you have please throw them my way :hug: xxxxx

Are you currently working in a Salon??

I would think the best way to get confirmation of this would be to contact your insurer directly. I know that mine covers me for any place of work in the UK but it probably varies.

On another note I wanted to reply to say that the client base that 'you' have built during your employment is not yours, it belongs to your employer. Think carefully before 'poaching' these clients! I'm sure there are clients who would like to follow you but you should let them find you. Not only could you make a bad rep for yourself but you could leave yourself open to legal proceedings from your employer. Not to mention that it is simply unethical (in my opinion).

Just some food for thought, good luck with your new venture in any case :)

Air x

thanks for your replys i know i cant poach them, i wouldnt do this as i respect the salon i work for, this is how my employers started thier business and told all clients where they were going and that salon has not been able to take the dip in clients, :eek: like you said if they find me then that is a different matter, its a small town i live in so everyone knows what everyone else is upto :rolleyes:

Next step ring the insurers :) thanks again xxx

Latest posts

Back