Thinking of getting my nails done in local nss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OPI was one of the first brands I used over 20 years ago, I changed to CND and have used it since :) .. OPI is my stand by product IF I run out of CND it's easier to get from most suppliers here as opposed to CND ....

Some NOT all Discount Nail Bars will purchase quality products such as OPI ... BUT then decant MMA liquid into the labelled bottles to make it look as though it is a quality product ....

At present here MMA is legal as an additive in the Beauty Industry !
@ 1 % in Acrylic Polymer [Powder] & 0% in Acrylic Monomer [Liquid] ..

Products tested from Discount Nail Bars here in Australia that have had complaints made against them were found to contain 99% MMA in the Acrylic Monomer.

If MMA has been used as an enhancement product there are the tell tale signs of its use and the techniques used to prep & apply it ...

If you have a client that has come to you with visible damage from a Discount Nail Bar if you can photograph it ... as many as you can [if they dont mind]. Pass it/them onto your local council via email & attach any MMA information you may have. Include the links to the videos in my post above Pass them onto your clients also if you like.
The more they know the better :)

They say ignorance is bliss .... But not this time around. Just ask the victims of these poor standards of service. I'm sure they would be as glad to see the back of the MMA reign of terror as we would.

PS ... OPI never smelt like fish to me :)

Latest posts

Back