thinking of going mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carriechatwin

Reaction score
Hi there,I qualified at college in 2005,and am now considering starting out,i havent done an extra training as i have only ever felt that i was good at silk nail extensions,i was wondering what the procedure would be for starting out in terms of cost,tax etc and could i make a living just doing silk extensions,manicure and pedicure?:) :lol:

Hiya ...have you been doing any nails since 2005...?

I think you can make a living doing anything if its sells....and to make it sell you have to be 1) good 2) offer more than the others in terms of proffesionalism..products..etc and 3) be prepared to work hard.

you may benefit from doing a refresher course....as to costs, its very hard to say. You'd need to draw up a list of everything you need and go from there.

Tax is tricky too as it depends on how much you are earning...(and if you have another job too) not 100% sure but if your profits are under 6k (ish) you don't get taxed...so for the first 1-2 years you should be ok..but then after that and if your earnings increase that amount, you will have to pay some tax.

Also insurance...its not much .. think mine is about £35 for the year

professional beauty direct is good for insurance, also ring and register with the tax office, they are really helpful and can answer any questions you have.

hi just answering angies question i have been practising on friends and family since i qualified,i also did a day course in liquid and powder but found it quite tricky.I just feel more confident using silk.x:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back