Thinking Of Hair Extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can do but if the extensionist alternates the sections you won't have continuous stress on the same part for too long.... Unless they are just putting them in in straight rows accross the head.
Been wearing mine for well over a year now and have only had then out for 2 days max. I won't leave the house without them!
xxx
Tammy

HI there i was just wondering what type you have ? also are they continually maintained ones ? minky

HI there i was just wondering what type you have ? also are they continually maintained ones ? minky

I have (and do) strand by strand also known as fusion.
They can cause thinning if done or removed incorrectly and not sectioned properly.
When i do a client they have a maintenance after 5-6 weeks where i replace aly lost/loose bonds, check their scalp and hair and give them a trim. ( the hair i use is good but it's not magic!)
Then at 12 weeks they are removed and replaced - while out thier own hair is trimmed to keep the condition... then we start all over again.
but the next time i move the sections up or down a cm so i'm not putting continual stress on the scalp.
Helen on our website has thicker hair than when she started having them because she doesn't style and colour her hair so much!
xxx

I have (and do) strand by strand also known as fusion.
They can cause thinning if done or removed incorrectly and not sectioned properly.
When i do a client they have a maintenance after 5-6 weeks where i replace aly lost/loose bonds, check their scalp and hair and give them a trim. ( the hair i use is good but it's not magic!)
Then at 12 weeks they are removed and replaced - while out thier own hair is trimmed to keep the condition... then we start all over again.
but the next time i move the sections up or down a cm so i'm not putting continual stress on the scalp.
Helen on our website has thicker hair than when she started having them because she doesn't style and colour her hair so much!
xxx

hi there thanks for your reply I do mine exactly like yours,
but on one of my clients although I could not see any scalp damage at all and there is never any breakage on the bonds as im very careful when removal takes place and im very careful not to pull or stress the hair in any way,and I follow all training procedure to the letter ,

its just that after the removal ,the natural hair just felt thinner than the previous two times,

perhaps it just felt thicker when it was shorter,

or perhaps she was just going though a thin hair cycle , I know a few of my non
extension clients and my own hair sometimes does this ,

any way I advised her to have a rest from extensions for a month just to keep an eye on it.

anyway ill keep thinking and observing . minky:confused:

hi there thanks for your reply I do mine exactly like yours,
but on one of my clients although I could not see any scalp damage at all and there is never any breakage on the bonds as im very careful when removal takes place and im very careful not to pull or stress the hair in any way,and I follow all training procedure to the letter ,

its just that after the removal ,the natural hair just felt thinner than the previous two times,

perhaps it just felt thicker when it was shorter,

or perhaps she was just going though a thin hair cycle , I know a few of my non
extension clients and my own hair sometimes does this ,

any way I advised her to have a rest from extensions for a month just to keep an eye on it.

anyway ill keep thinking and observing . minky:confused:
Good call. :)
I know with my after i had mine in a while as i got more used to them i abused them a bit more too and had a little thinning but i know it was my own fault.
she'll probably come to you forever now as she'll know you're looking after her!

xxx

Great to hear you're getting into the Vani-t retail range Ebony Eyes
... We love it here also.

I cant fault their hair extensions.................. We love them too!:green:

XX J XX

Hi sarah I do pre-bonded extensions and am based in Atherstone (bout 15 mins away) but I am mobile and could fit them in your home. A full head usually costs around £270. Feel free to pm me if you are interested.

Emma x

Hi sarah I do pre-bonded extensions and am based in Atherstone (bout 15 mins away) but I am mobile and could fit them in your home. A full head usually costs around £270. Feel free to pm me if you are interested.

Emma x
Lol just realised this thread is 2 years old - oooops

anyone know what remy luxury extensions are like? im thinking about gettin them

Hi there,
I work in salons in both Nuneaton and Tamworth and provide both Tejune and Fairlocks Extensions. They are a type of weave/ weft system but specifically designed for Caucasian hair. I have trained in many different types of hair extensions (Balmain, Cinderella, Monofibre to name a few!) but now the only system I do is Fairlocks. Fairlocks Extensions (and Tejune) are the kindest to the hair as there is a lot of your natural hair going into the plait to support the extension in the best possible way. They are not tight like your afro carribean weaves, however they are extremely secure and once they are in will last 3 months no probs. Fairlocks extensions and Tejune Extensions are basically the same method of application but the Fairlocks hair is slightly cheaper than Tejune so they cater for every budget!! If you want to google Fairlocks extensions Nuneaton and have a look at the website then feel free to contact us!!
Kind Regards
Katie
www.glamdesire.com
www.fairlockshair.co.uk

Latest posts

Back