Thinking Of Hair Extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saraht110

Reaction score
Hi all,

just wondering if anyone does hair extensions, i want to get them as the hairdresser i went to cut my hair too short and i would love long hair!anyone know of anywhere in the midlands that do them at a reasonable price??

sar

i gotta say i really rate clip in hair extensions i buy human hair and then sew the clips to it, they look great. Cheap and not perm fixment xx

I too am thinking about having them, my sister had them done last year and although the maintenance is quite high they looked fab until here hair grew. Im pretty sure her hair extensions were Racoon. she then had them done privately and it was a little cheaper but IMHO the woman had put them in too high up so you could see the bonds at the top of her head. Id be careful and try to find a reputable salon or mobile extentionist. If you do a search on hair extensions Im sure there are a few geeks who offer extentions although cant remember their names.

i gotta say i really rate clip in hair extensions i buy human hair and then sew the clips to it, they look great. Cheap and not perm fixment xx

Totally with you on this one My daughter wears the clip in ones they dont budge and no messing with glue etc

Where do you buy the clip on ones from am interested my self :)

i have hair extensions in at the moment as you can see on my avator pic,
that pic was taken in feb, i had my hair cut in jan in the posh bob, but hated it with a passion just wasnt me, so had hair ext back again, this is my 7 set i love them, they are racoon, i had them done at a salon in great wryley... she has done the last 4 sets for me, and i have always been very happy, never lose any bonds they looks so natural and easy to manage, in the day i just wack my hair up in pony tail, yet before i used to have to get up and wash an straighten my own hair as it was all everywhere 1st thing in a morn, so really the ext are easier...

i will try and add a photo to my gallery of the back off my hair the day i got back from the hairdressers, i had this set done last week in jan, and still looking fab, they last about 4 months then i have them taken out and re put back in ...

any questions feel free to ask ....

I brought hair extensions for my daughter for Xmas, her hair was chocolate and blonde and I found a perfect match from Capital, these were clip-ins. She managed them brilliantly and they looked fantastic.

She has now decided to go quite dark and the hair extensions have been put back in the box for a while.

I would most definitely recommend these, if you decide to change your hair colour as my daughter did, I'm assuming that you won't have to go through a major process to remove the ones that are glued in.

HTH Teri x:hug:

Hi Haylznailz

How much did yours cost, i am going in for a consultation on wed as i only want around 6 inches added as i had the pob and i hate it!!i was thinking of paying around the £200 mark, this lady does racoon apparently they are the best?

sar

I bought clip in extensions, easy and quick to use and stay in all day. They also look natural, but also once your hair had grown a bit could chose have it long or short with clip-ins.

I've had Racoon and Cinderella hair extensions, the lady that did the Racoon ones put too much hair in the bonds so every time i brush my hair it all kept coming out,

Cinderella Hair extensions i loved then no rpoblems no hassel i would defo have them again but i do think its the stylist putting them in that is really important also xXx

hey all...i do hair extensions human hair...i have an add in geekbay check it out..:green:

xx

Hi Haylznailz

How much did yours cost, i am going in for a consultation on wed as i only want around 6 inches added as i had the pob and i hate it!!i was thinking of paying around the £200 mark, this lady does racoon apparently they are the best?

sar

hi mate

mine cost £250 and it is all about the stylist that does them, i have had several done and found the best stylest i have no probs.. shes in great wryley david richards she is the boss her names JADE .

xx

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone does hair extensions, i want to get them as the hairdresser i went to cut my hair too short and i would love long hair!anyone know of anywhere in the midlands that do them at a reasonable price??

sar

if im close enough gimmie a pm hun. xx

I baught clip ins off a popular seller on ebay the colour was a perfect match and there so easy to manage :green:
I recomend getting real hair so you can style or dye them any way you want and a great pluss point is theres no damage to your natural hair

Hi girls,

I had my Cinderella extensions done at Excel by Marie. She was excellent. My hair was a posh bob but slightly growing out and i had long-hair envy!!! I absolutely love them and they make me feel soooooo sexy!! BUT, I didn't realise it would be like sleeping on pebbles!!!

The pre-bonded remy hair that Cinderella use I believe are a protein-moulded bond (I think it's similar to a wax susbstance) and they are very hard so sleeping on them has taken a bit of getting used to. I have lost some but I was advised of this as I was a div and had conditioned my hair the night before!!!

I have now taken to also having my clip-in's in to bulk my hair out where I have lost some. Also, as my hair was fairly short the bonds are quite high up.

I have to say, I've only had them in for about 4 weeks and they are starting to get on my nerves a bit! They take forever to dry and straighten and I really want to just put a normal brush through my hair without worrying if I'm going to have a handful of hair fall out!!! I think I will probably have them out soon and go and buy and a whole new set of clip-in's and just use them. It's the best of both worlds - long hair when you want it and short hair when you don't!!

Hi all,

sar

hi there if you are having bonded hair extensions put in your hair , a good way of finding out the quality of the hair is to ask the stylist can the hair be re used?

and if so how many times ?

I find that hair of good quality can be re used two or three times depending on how you treat it ,
of course you will lose a little length each time as the old bond has to be snipped off the extension and a new bond applied,

but with regular care and maintenance they can look great ,

also depending on your hair if it is fine or fragile , I personally would only recommend you have them put back in a maximum of two to three times in succession because depending on your hair it can sometimes cause traction thinning .

Anyway a good stylist will go into detail with you and will look at your hair.

She may also have to thin out the very ends of your so it will blend over the extensions, good luck minky

hi there if you are having bonded hair extensions put in your hair , a good way of finding out the quality of the hair is to ask the stylist can the hair be re used?

and if so how many times ?

I find that hair of good quality can be re used two or three times depending on how you treat it ,
of course you will lose a little length each time as the old bond has to be snipped off the extension and a new bond applied,

but with regular care and maintenance they can look great ,

also depending on your hair if it is fine or fragile , I personally would only recommend you have them put back in a maximum of two to three times in succession because depending on your hair it can sometimes cause traction thinning .

Anyway a good stylist will go into detail with you and will look at your hair.

She may also have to thin out the very ends of your so it will blend over the extensions, good luck minky

Can do but if the extensionist alternates the sections you won't have continuous stress on the same part for too long.... Unless they are just putting them in in straight rows accross the head.
Been wearing mine for well over a year now and have only had then out for 2 days max. I won't leave the house without them!
xxx
Tammy

Latest posts

Back