Thinking of selling my salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilylily

Reaction score
Just looking for a bit of advise really. I've had my salon for 10 years and loved it, we have great loyal clients and still attracting new clients every week. My problem is I've been quite ill this year so had to have a long time off work, I've lost my 2 best girls
and can't seem to get the right sort of staff, if I put an add on gumtree I get the same people replying every time and the girls I have at the moment don't have the passion and love for the job that I believe makes a good therapist, if I'm not behind them everyday things just don't get done properly they book 1/2 hour for an ebw then leave a 15 min gap to the next appointment
How many times do you have to tell a grown woman how to manage a diary is beyond me.

I'm thinking of maybe selling the salon as I'm not well enough to work full time, I can be in the salon but not doing clients all day
I was thinking of trying to get a manager with the view to them buying the salon off me in a couple of years for a good price, has anyone done this or thinks it's a good idea.

Sorry to go on forever but just at my wits end and starting to feel like I don't want to go into work again.

Didnt want to read and run.....im sorry to hear that you have been ill and not being abke to find good staff. Have you tried advertising for self employed staff? Or maybe an apprentice that you can train....as you say you can be at the salon but not working clients you could be training someone who is qualified to level 2 so ca do treatments but train them in your way

I think your idea for getting a manager will potentially help your employees get into action and avoid them slacking. I would choose your employee carefully and i find that if you want serious about hair applicants. You could advertise on hairandbeautyjobs. com

Latest posts

Back