This may seem like a stupid question (mobile stylists)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kateadreena

Reaction score
.. As i say this may seem stupid, but when you are a mobile hairdresser, and you offer colouring services, how do you wash your clients hair when the colour is ready to come off??

Do you get them to do it of do you put them over the bath or sink or something :S

??

xxx

you can get these weird things,lol it's like a stand with a plastic version of the head sink's and they have a little tube which i presume is to put in the bath or sink so it drains out at the same time, i dont know if there any good or not, i guess a lot of hairdressers would make u do it yourself but i enjoy that part of having my hair done

by the way the plastic hair things are around £45 and can be found on Home Page

xxxx

When I did moblie hairdressing many,many years ago :lol: I had the clients that were ablebodied enough kneel by the side of the bath, the others I usually did at the kitchen or bathroom sink.
I had one of those stick on the tap rubber hose pipe things( looked like a large rubber stethascope..you know what i mean :green:) with me, as not every body had a shower hose or one long enough to reach the clients head ... it was a life saver.
I had 1 or 2 clients in wheelchairs that made it very difficult for the client to get close enough to the sink to avoid water from running down their backs/fronts so I used large black bin bags and big towels to keep them dry...ok not very glam but better than a soaking wet client :lol:
I would never ask the client to rinse their own hair to make sure it was done properly.
:hug:

Hi

I'm not an hairdresser but a client! I stand at the kitchen sink, my hairdresser fills the bowl with warm water and rinses me off using a jug.

This works well for us and I am sure most people wouldn't mind doing it this way.:hug:

it depends on the client , some are confident and prefer washing their own hair others prefer me to do it . SOME EVEN WEAR AN OLD BLOUSE AND THEN JUST GET INTO THE SHOWER!

Hi, I have a portable back wash basin and to be honest, it is very good. The only thing is to carry it everywhere!!!!You have quite a lot of stuff already, so what I usually do is take an old towel with me and ask them to lean back on the kitchen sink, just roll my old towel to the neck for the comfort and to prevent the water running on the floor. Back wash basin is an absolute treasure when I am working in my house, but now I use more and more kitchen sink method when going mobile. It quite good, I got the idea when I saw Lee Stafford doing it to Jade Goody, and thought, well if it is good enough for him then it is good enough for me too.....

NEVER let your client wash off the colour. By all means let them wash their own hair for a cut and blow dry but shampooing colour off is a skilled task. Colour needs to be emulsified and rinsed off properly and that is part of why a client is paying for a hairdresser to come to their home and colour their hair.

I have just started mobie hairdressing and thought i would find it really hard to wash colours and rinse perms as i have been used to a back basin in a salon but i just use a jug at a sink or if the client has the facility a shower head and them leaning over a bath. I would also NEVER let a client rinse there own colour.

Obviously if their was alot of differant colours going on id rinse it , but if its a regrowth tint that i will be cutting afterwards , if the client really wants to wash their own hair thats ok by me , and if the colour isnt rinsed off properly , it would have to be done again

Hi, I have a portable back wash basin and to be honest, it is very good. The only thing is to carry it everywhere!!!!You have quite a lot of stuff already, so what I usually do is take an old towel with me and ask them to lean back on the kitchen sink, just roll my old towel to the neck for the comfort and to prevent the water running on the floor. Back wash basin is an absolute treasure when I am working in my house, but now I use more and more kitchen sink method when going mobile. It quite good, I got the idea when I saw Lee Stafford doing it to Jade Goody, and thought, well if it is good enough for him then it is good enough for me too.....

Do you always use the same towels or bring some pre washed towels? Sometimes I find it handy to ask the client for theirs. Especially if its only water and not colouring. Just seen Lee Stafford in this interview. I just love his funky styles.

Latest posts

Back