This sounds crazy but there may be a salon owner out there who's in my boat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LauraLush

Reaction score
Hello geeks :)
Just wonder if there are any salon owners out there who would maybe find it interesting to do a kind of "wife swap"... but salon not wife... and not for a week just maybe a day or afternoon... and not takeover just maybe shadow the other person and see their methods of doing things... and maybe even chair a staff meeting with the other salons team so each owner could get a really good impartial insight to where things can be improved. And also how the staff really feel because they wouldn't hold anything back.
As I said, I know its a mad idea but I am full of them!! And I would love the one and only Tabatha.. but can't afford her ha! I'm trying to be inventive!

Any thoughts would be great :)

Laura x

If I had my own I would. Sounds a great idea, sometimes it's too easy to get stuck in ur ways and see through new things and improvements xoxo

That does sound like a fab idea, it's good to get fresh eyes on things sometimes.
Rhiannon x

Just looked and your not that far too. Aww shame! Xoxo

Hi, I'm not far from Wigan (Ashton in Makerfield to be exact). I'm a new salon, I only opened in September so am still very quiet but building up our client base slowly. I'd love a second opinion if you fancy a spot of "mentoring" and I'd quite like to maybe do some shadowing in a salon that's been going a while.
Ooo could be very interesting. Xx

Hi, I'm not far from Wigan (Ashton in Makerfield to be exact). I'm a new salon, I only opened in September so am still very quiet but building up our client base slowly. I'd love a second opinion if you fancy a spot of "mentoring" and I'd quite like to maybe do some shadowing in a salon that's been going a while.
Ooo could be very interesting. Xx

Hi :)
Thanks for replying! That sounds good to me! I assume your name is Becky? Lol. Are you hair or beauty or nails? I can't promise id be the worlds best mentor but I can certainly try to help you and give you any advice I can xx

Lol what a fab idea. You should try and film it too so we can all see what happens. Think it sounds fab!

I would of joined in , but i'm in Wakefield Yorkshire probably too far away, oh well have fun ladies.xx:wink2:

ill do it! im miles away though....:cry:

Your staff would wet their nik-niks if I turned up!

Lol ... but if the salon was failing in anyway who better to whip them into shape.

You'd be like Super Nanny or Mary Portas xxx

This would be a great tv program!!

Lol I would do it, I run my own salon and it's just me there, so I have no ones opinion on anything I do, good but also bad lol x

I think this is a totally fantastic idea - well done you for being creative / imaginative and business minded all in one!

If I were nearer to you, I would defo be interested in this :biggrin:

Never mind the staff, I'd wet myself. But my word me and my business would benefit xx

Never mind the staff, I'd wet myself. But my word me and my business would benefit xx

Lol that's what I thought, the lion pic makes her seem more scary, but from speaking on her she is lovely.

Maybe you should go into mentoring new salon owners, might help get rid of te cheapie shops where a full colour cbd is only £10 xoxo

Hi :)
Thanks for replying! That sounds good to me! I assume your name is Becky? Lol. Are you hair or beauty or nails? I can't promise id be the worlds best mentor but I can certainly try to help you and give you any advice I can xx

Hi, yes my name is Rebecca I'm more known as Bex though. I have a beauty and nails salon. I'm a nail tech and I have a beauty therapist that works for me but am finding her to be very lazy - she is currently on a warning for absence, attitude etc you name it, although it seems to have gone in one war and out the other. I am now putting a staff handbook together detailing literally everything from turning up, to going home and all that goes on in between.
I'm so excited about being mentored (and a little scared to be honest, but it really can only be a good opportunity). There are so many questions, so much I want to know, I don't know where to start. Let me know how and when you want to start this and i'll be your guinea pig. Thanks for this xx

Latest posts

Back