Thoughts comrades, how far do you go to please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED STAR

Reaction score
So......New client - seems very nice.:)
Presents with a problem.....VERY compromised hair, last salon gave her a balayage.....that looks more like a badly executed 'dip dye'!:eek::eek::eek:

This client APPARENTLY usually visits a high end London salon....but on this occasion, had her colour done at a well known high street chain.
The client goes on to explain her dissatisfaction with her 'dip dye'....it is a brassy mess, with plenty of breakage......
She has VERY FINE HAIR.....I'm talking 3 pieces if string.:p
Can I do something for her?

Always up for a challenge, I skin test, trim her 3 hairs, and do a complimentary OLAPLEX, as her hair is FU*KED.:oops:, and book her in for a colour.

On consultation, I discuss at length what I propose....a soft balayage to soften the demarcation line, and lift the brass..... melting her natural base through the 'dip dye' , tone at basin to cool any remaining harsh tones.
I use OLAPLEX throughout.....Blonde Studio + 20, L/L with 7 and Dia-light 7.1 between.

The outcome is perfect......I felt pretty smug:cool:

Today, said client makes contact to explain she is a little disappointed with the result, as all her brightness has gone!!!!!
Did she mean her RATCHET HAIR:mad:......
Yep, it seems she now misses it....and expects me to 'bring it back'!!!!

My question to all you lovely professionals is
How far do we go to please today's unpleasable client?o_O

Trying to please a client who has NO TASTE is sadly, impossible. You'd have more chance of marrying Prince Harry! :p Just chalk it up to experience.

I had a similar dilemma a few years ago when I was less experienced and hadn't fully appreciated that a good consultation is an art in itself. She was a mature lady with brassy blonde hair. We looked at the colour chart and she pointed to the level 12 highlift colours. She mentioned Scandinavian blonde.
I took ages and used 3 different blonde tints and I knew it would look really stunning on her.

However, whilst it was processing, she said 'I can't wait to see how brown it looks'

'What do you mean brown?' I ask, starting to feel a tad anxious

'I want it brown with blonde streaks'

Whaaaat?? :eek:

Both of us were left disappointed when I dried it off. It looked gorgeous (in my opinion) but it definitely wasn't brown with blonde streaks! :rolleyes: :confused:

Latest posts

Back