Thoughts on toner?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alixxx

Reaction score
Hey geeks, any thoughts on what toner to use over scattered highlights to get this look? Xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382098674.572494.jpg

9-4 igora but depends how clean it lifts

Thank you has igora same numbering system as loreal? I have never used it? Xx

Igora is

-1 cendre
-2 ash
-3 green
-4 beige
-5 gold
-6 chocolate
-7 copper
-8 red
-9 violet

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Different to loreal! Thank you so much for ur help.. X

Depends how gold or light the high lights turn out, if they come up very blonde id say a 7.3 or 8.3 but only for 10-20 mins with 3% keep an eye on them, or if the high lights come up darker gold blonde(take it if she very dark would come out more like this) maybe use an 8.1 if their is to much gold just to get it more a beige colour 😊

If they come up really blonde and she wants that lovely deep golden blonde, you could even put a touch of 8.04 in with your 8.3! X

See the more I look at that picture the more I'm starting to wonder whether they're actually bleached highlights? If you're working over natural hair, you could maybe do 9 and 30 vol to achieve this soft highlighted look, and your gold will come through on it's own because of the undercoat... Obviously not possibly if you're working over tint though x

See the more I look at that picture the more I'm starting to wonder whether they're actually bleached highlights? If you're working over natural hair, you could maybe do 9 and 30 vol to achieve this soft highlighted look, and your gold will come through on it's own because of the undercoat... Obviously not possibly if you're working over tint though x

Or depending on the clients colour at the minute also I would say 10/0 and 12% for the highlights without having to toning. (Depending on if the client has a massive colour build up) X

Definitely! :) depends which colour line you go with, in loreal you can't use higher than 30 vol with a tint whereas with wella and many other lines you can also use 40 vol which comes in handy! X

Definitely! :) depends which colour line you go with, in loreal you can't use higher than 30 vol with a tint whereas with wella and many other lines you can also use 40 vol which comes in handy! X

Yeah sorry that Wella. I do love 10/0 it's magic lol. It's amazing how it lifts the colour better than 12/0 x

Haha good old koleston eh :) for anyone who's wondering, yes technically tint shouldn't lift tint ever... But on hair that's nice and porous without too much build up, I find you can lift to that nice golden caramel colour - we know the rules so we can break them can't we hehe ;) x

Haha good old koleston eh :) for anyone who's wondering, yes technically tint shouldn't lift tint ever... But on hair that's nice and porous without too much build up, I find you can lift to that nice golden caramel colour - we know the rules so we can break them can't we hehe ;) x[/

Also the 10/0 In illumina does the same really good for removing bands too. Sorry I'm taking over the thread better stop lol. x

Haha, no don't stop it's great hearing all the different opinions! Getting me thinking rather than just going in with bleach and break the rules a little. 😉 X

Latest posts

Back