Thumb guard

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindsay G

Reaction score
hi this might seem a bit of a mad one, but does anyone know of a guard you can buy to put on your thumb when doing nail extensions. I am forever catching my thumb on left hand when filing and now have a little split which is quite sore even though its tiny. I am probably the only person this happens to but if there is anyone that can give advise I would be really grateful.

hi this might seem a bit of a mad one, but does anyone know of a guard you can buy to put on your thumb when doing nail extensions. I am forever catching my thumb on left hand when filing and now have a little split which is quite sore even though its tiny. I am probably the only person this happens to but if there is anyone that can give advise I would be really grateful.

Flexi Wrap tape is available from most wholesalers and distributors.

Have you considered using gloves when you work? You really should be taking care of your own hands and the moment you start getting sore and irritated skin from filing it’s a gateway for infection and over exposure. Use a piece of flexi wrap and gloves and keep your skin safe [emoji4]

I don't catch my thumb but I do damage the first knuckle on my left hand pointer finger during the week before I go away on holiday. Its always a super busy week and as I get more tired I get clumsier and start to file through my own finger. I use finger wrap when it starts, but more importantly 'move your finger out of the way' is my best advice.

I always put my finger on the way to stop potentially hurting a client but there has to come a point when you realise hurting yourself is not right either and it's time to adjust your grip or method

These are getting good reviews
bda1bed5e652f1ff60dd2424f91aa663.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Thanks everyone for the advice all have been useful . I do have a tendency to worry about hurting the client . Hopefully now I can save hurting myself as well. x

Latest posts

Back