Time wasters, how to deal with them?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I have recently just passed and have been charging £10 for a set. I get a few people messaging asking me what colours I have where am I based can I send photos of the work I've done before. I sent this girl all the colours I had last night and she then asked for my address i sent her my address and then I didnt hear back. All the photos of work I've already done was on the ad they just dont bother to look.

Is this just all part of the business?

Don’t get too disheartened. It’s probably because you’re only charging £10 whilst you’re still getting yourself established.
Sadly, it’s human nature that some people don’t value things that are inexpensive and cheap.

Put your prices up and weed out the time wasters just looking for cheap sets and bouncing from tech to tech. Charge what you are worth and gain loyal client who value your time and skills

At £10 you’re not really even paying yourself minimum wage after costs.
Charge more , much more!
You want regular clients not cheap skate ones.

When replying to an enquiry paste the link where they can view your photos and info. (Including your cancellation policy! ) into your response [emoji4]
If you haven’t already created a website, then do so as soon possible.
You then just refer enquires to the website

Thanks everyone. My work isnt amazing at the moment so wasnt sure on how much to charge. I mainly just wanted some practice really.

I done these ones last week and didnt charge anything.

Attachments

• IMG_20200110_155701_291.jpg
    IMG_20200110_155701_291.jpg
    643.6 KB · Views: 78
As long as you are upfront about being a newbie there is no reason not to charge a reasonable amount, you are not going to get better without practice but it also costs money and time to practice.

They're about right for a newbie, some side wall refining and shape consistence and you'll be turning out great sets.

Latest posts

Back