Timings and powder?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melbee

Reaction score
Right, I have just done my first set of sculpts in glitter tips & one glitter fade on the ring finger.
It took me 1hr 50mins. Ahhhhhh. Far too long I know. But they turned out ok after a fair bit of filing the sidewalls to neaten them up etc.
I normally take 1hr 30 to do glitter tips with stuck on tips and overlayed with pink & glitter.
I have timed myself and my prep is 22mins, my filing & shaping takes a good 12 mins so therefore my acrylic application needs to speed up.
I use NSI l & P, would anyone else have swapped to another brand and gotten quicker with their application?
I'm beginning to think maybe I should try another brand in case this enables me to quicken my application and pick larger beads up what set quicker, not a problem with small nailed people but I have a lot of clients with larger fingers.

if its your first set i wouldnt worry about it, i took 2 and 1/2 hours on my first and now im 1hr15mins, still need practice though. practicdm makes perfect!x

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

What L & P do you use? and is the 1hr 15mins including your prep? thanks

Hello, I agree with the X18WAT, if after a period your not speeding up your time it could be that your L& P don't set up quick enough.... I use CND's Moxie Liquid it is made to set up faster... of course I use it with CND's Perfect Color sculpting powder. I was told a long time ago to practice on my self and that it would force me into perfection! Pretty much rings true.

Latest posts

Back