Timings - CND Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlmondWhiz

Reaction score
I'm feeling a bit fed up with myself. I have an admin full time job and have done my training and been doing Cnd Shellac nails on the side. I don't do as much as I'd like but at the moment I just can't fit any more in - I'm doing 2-3 sets a week at the moment.
I thought my timings would improve but I feel like I'm getting slower! I don't know how to cut down the time I know my pep takes longest but I'm quite slow at applying too.
I think the results are ok though sometimes after 2 weeks they begin to peel on the edges, is this normal? I know 2 weeks wear is good but I don't know if after this they should start peeling.
Also removal seems to take a long time! Struggle with some and I don't know if this is because they aren't using their oil as much?
Sorry for long message just feeling bit down and that I'm not good enough and that's maybe I shouldn't bother but I do enjoy it! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406448005.620960.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406448018.322570.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406448037.710329.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406448063.569702.jpg

Hi there, don't beat yourself up about timings, I would rather do a good job than a quick one! I usually take an hour to apply and an hour and a half to remove and reapply, I do chat too much tho!!
If your clients are getting 2 weeks then that is good, and if they are not using their oil (which most don't in honesty) then removal will be a little harder. Make sure you apply the base coat thinly as this is the main cause of troublesome removals.
Don't give up. X

Hi keep at it your time will come down it takes practice I tend to take longer so it took me a while to get my time down from 1 1/2 hours to 1 hour I'm quite happy with an hour. How long are you taking? 2-3 sets a week will take you longer to get your time down I can only work part time doing about 10 sets a week and it took me about 3 months to get my time down :eek: if your enjoying it then there is no problem just keep going and your time will come down. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Straightforward just Shellac can take me an hour n half :( it never feels if though! I'd love to do more but i just can't leave my job right now I don't feel at all confident enough to be able to do that. I'm planning to build up my training so hopefully in a few years I'll be in a better position to cut down hours at my job and if bd able to offer more services but I'm already thinking they'll take me even longer for enhancements!

I think your doing a really good job and an hour and a half is fine for starting off. I done too much on my pep I still do I could do with cutting down a bit. I was told to just go over the nail once to remove cuticle don't keep going over. You could leave the cuticle away on her nails then let her choose a colour so it has time to work on her nails we all know it can take a while for clients to choose a colour so least it makes it easier for the cuticle to come away. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back