Timings help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tazzies beauty

Reaction score
Hi all I'm new in here I just need some advice I am training to be a level 2 Beauty Therapist and I have recently successfully passed the facials element and seem to be doing really well in all other aspects but I have done a couple of treatments on friends and family and for some reason seen to take two or three times as long as I should and as I am doing the treatment I lose all of my tiny bit of confidence I had???? :Scared:

Just give yourself a chance. I remember at college taking forever to do a half leg wax - we would put a line of wax, then remove it, then a line of wax, then remove it. I said to the tutor ' can you show us how you wax legs' She did about four lines of wax and removed them, super fast. When my daughter qualified, she'd take about an hour cos she did it like I did originally (and she chats for England). Sometimes everything you do is right, you just need to put it together. With friends and family, ask them not to chat as you really have to concentrate and see if that helps. I've just started lashing, and it takes three times as long if they chat - you never know, it might help. Good luck

Thank you it doesnt help i'm not the most confident person going and I'm desperately trying to find a part time therapist/ assistant job so I can see what its like in the real world

Keep going! Congrats on your achievements so far.
I remember my waxing module well... I hated it. I'd cry and cry that I wasn't doing it as quick as everyone was. Most on my course buddies had salon employment before I did and it really knocked my confidence seeing them get quicker and quicker! I didn't take to waxing as i thought i would and i really beat myself up if i couldn't do something well straight away (I still do!) but 3 years on I love waxing and I'd say its on of my best earners, along with facials.
Wanting to do a good job is half the battle and your future clients will thank you for taking the time to do an excellent job, it will make you stand out from other therapists.
Your speed will come but in my opinion it's better to do a good job than rush and end up with a disappointed client.
Best of luck!!

Just give yourself a chance. I remember at college taking forever to do a half leg wax - we would put a line of wax, then remove it, then a line of wax, then remove it. I said to the tutor ' can you show us how you wax legs' She did about four lines of wax and removed them, super fast. When my daughter qualified, she'd take about an hour cos she did it like I did originally (and she chats for England). Sometimes everything you do is right, you just need to put it together. With friends and family, ask them not to chat as you really have to concentrate and see if that helps. I've just started lashing, and it takes three times as long if they chat - you never know, it might help. Good luck

Can I am did you use the same fabric with the first bit of wax on? I'm taking forever to do waxed ATM. It took me about 3hrs to do my friends legs :/ xx

Yes, I use the same wax strip until it's quite heavy. The only areas I do different are bikini and underarm. I use a clean bit (often the other end) as I personally find it painful when a used wax strip goes over an area already waxed, but on legs it's not a problem. Hope that helps X

If it was easy then there would be a world full of perfection!
But, like any craft - we have to practice and perfect it.
I'll be bluntly honest.... you've done some bits at college and got through them but now is where you start to learn. you need to find your feet with your own technique and find your own strengths and weakness. Identify what you dont do so well, but congratulate yourself on what you do brilliantly with.

You'll get there, but just dont expect it to happen over night and dont beat yourself up over it, accept its mastering a fine art

Don't sweat it! We all have to start somewhere, and 99% of people would rather have a therapist that was slower, but thorough and contentious than someone who whizzes through it with shoddy results! Speed comes with practice, and if you want to get really fab then you can always do some advanced courses when you finish. That will really help with your confidence! Good luck! xx

Latest posts

Back