Tint over highlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gel3101

Reaction score
Hi, I have a client who 6 weeks ago had half head highlights, bleach and high lift tint ash+ alternately.
She is naturally a level 6.
She would now like to go an all over colour on a level 7. W hat would be the best way to do this?

Hi, I have a client who 6 weeks ago had half head highlights, bleach and high lift tint ash+ alternately.
She is naturally a level 6.
She would now like to go an all over colour on a level 7. W hat would be the best way to do this?
I think what I will do is apply a semi, maybe an 8.3 ( not sure, never pre-pigged before). Wait for it to develop and then apply dia richesse 7 for my target colour. Does this sound right? Do I have to wash semi off and dry before I apply the dia richesse?

I'm not saying you're incorrect but are you sure she wants a 7 as it wouldn't look much different to her natural base? My rule of thumb is two levels different for a subtle but definite change of colour.

If she's simply going by a swatch, I'd be inclined to show her pictures of ladies with level 6, level 7 and level 8 hair colour so she can see the overall difference.

Obviously, you know what was discussed at the consultation so I'm happy to be wrong. :)

I'm not saying you're incorrect but are you sure she wants a 7 as it wouldn't look much different to her natural base? My rule of thumb is two levels different for a subtle but definite change of colour.

If she's simply going by a swatch, I'd be inclined to show her pictures of ladies with level 6, level 7 and level 8 hair colour so she can see the overall difference.

Obviously, you know what was discussed at the consultation so I'm happy to be wrong. :)
Hi, thanx for reply. Yes she indefatigable a le el 7o

Hi, thanks for reply. She used to have a 7 all over and really liked it. She really wants her hair to be low maintenance as she is getting more and more grey on her front hairline and wears it up alot, so it notices. I did tell her that if she went lighter,level 8 the grey would be less noticable.
Will show her pictures, like u suggested, as they can't really tell from a swatch,good idea. But otherwise is what I planned on doing the correct way? Or could I simply apply target shade straight over?

Latest posts

Back