Tinting and tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salzgirlie

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a client wanting me to tint and shape her eyebrows when I go to spray tan her and she is only available for that one appointment (already been patch tested). I know I cannot wax but was thinking about doing the following:

Tinting the eyebrows, then, using prep spray on a cotton bud to make sure all the Vaseline was off then tanning, the once dried, tweezing them??

Does that sound ok or a complete no no??

Any advice gratefully received xx

I wouldn't tint and tan on same day. I know some do but it's not advised and I did have someone's brows turn green (luckily it was my friend and I was still training!!)
I'd also be concerned about tweezing after, opening follicles and irritation occurring as well as removing colour or it causing patchiness. You need to cleanse area before and after tweeting and this will remove tan.

Tinting and tanning should NOT be done at the same time.

The tint can change colour (to a lovely gingery colour - and it's not just temporary while the tan is developing) and I doubt you would be covered by insurance to do the 2 treatments together as it is advised in training to tint a minimum of 24 hours before a tan (and most insurance companies say you MUST follow instructions/advice given at your training).

If this was my client I would be saying that if she really wants both services she is going to have to make time to get them done seperatley or choose which she wants most as there is no way I am going to invalidate my insurance knowing full well I can't do both services at the same time no matter how many different ways around it I could think of.

Thanks Ladies.

Baggybear I should have you on speed dial - you have come to my rescue again! Just called my insurers and yep! It is a no go. Should have called them first but then I remember a thread on here about someone else doing it so that confused me!

Will contact the client now.

Thanks again . . . . I am forever learning xx

I've tinted and tanned on same day....in fact I did training that way!
I use sienna x and put their barrier cream on the eyebrows. Didn't change colour whatsoever!

Have you checked with your insurance company to see if they will cover you to do these 2 treatments together?

If you have not already asked them I would do so straight away and (if they say they will cover you) make sure you get it in writing.

It was already stated on the thread that there are people who do tint & tan at the same time but I have a feeling that most, if not all of those doing so will be invalidating their insurance.

There are reasons the 2 treatments should not be done together and they are based on client safety and welfare. I would not do the 2 treatments together as even though there will be ways to do them together there is a lot of modifying of the treatments needed.

Latest posts

Back