tinting to help texture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liana kay

Reaction score
i have a client with an ever e3expanding mallam streak in her fringe and its becoming so wiry and out of control , ive suggested a full head colour to help soften it and make it easier to blowdry , and she is quite taken with the idea as we have done it before , but i wondered would a quasi have the same effect?

i have a client with an ever e3expanding mallam streak in her fringe and its becoming so wiry and out of control , ive suggested a full head colour to help soften it and make it easier to blowdry , and she is quite taken with the idea as we have done it before , but i wondered would a quasi have the same effect?

Hi, I suppose a quasi with 4% may soften it a bit more than 1.9%
but perhaps.....
as you said I also think tint would be a better option , but.... I suppose you could always pre soften it with 6% before a quasi as this may help a bit more

or would she consider a mild relaxing treatment on her mallen streak ?
a bit of Wella Strate would probably sort it out for her ,

quite interesting though :)
do let us know how you get on Liana ? :hug: x minky

sorry to jump on your thread but i have a similar client, she has 100% grey (not white) darker grey, just wondering if i could do that for her to help it stay tamed..... ??????????
are there any wella coulours you could suggest that aren't to far away form her own colour?!?
thanks and good luck xx

sorry to jump on your thread but i have a similar client, she has 100% grey (not white) darker grey, just wondering if i could do that for her to help it stay tamed..... ??????????
are there any wella coulours you could suggest that aren't to far away form her own colour?!?
thanks and good luck xx

Hi, jotommo :) did you mean the wella strate ?
this is fab on natural hair to straighten it ,
wella strate is fab for taming hair too as long as you watch it so she wont find it too straight all over ,
loreal extenso is very good too just to soften tame and relax it and it shouldn't make it too straight :hug:?

unfortunately this is a client with gorgeous dark curls , its only the white pieces which go mental , the rest is gorgeous so im reluctant to try and use a straightening/smoothing product, even on the fringe . shes about a base 4 so i think ill do 4% with something like 6 /7 6/3 (havent looked yet ) so it comes up lighter on the white so its not too much of a shock .

unfortunately this is a client with gorgeous dark curls , its only the white pieces which go mental , the rest is gorgeous so im reluctant to try and use a straightening/smoothing product, even on the fringe . shes about a base 4 so i think ill do 4% with something like 6 /7 6/3 (havent looked yet ) so it comes up lighter on the white so its not too much of a shock .

Hi Liana , I understand what you mean about it being a shock as some people do get very used to their mallen streak :) x minky

try the wella colour touch plus its a quazzi and can be used with 4 or 1.9 % and is for white hair
they have 66/7 and 66/3 just tried the web page for info but the link is broken...pop into your local wholesalers for the shade guide...i would still presoften with 6% though

Latest posts

Back