Tinting very fair eyelashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

80's Girl

Reaction score
Hi, I've got a booking for an eyelash tint next week and when I went to do a patch test today I noted that the lady has very fair eyelashes.

Help! I'm nervous!

I haven't done many eyelashes since qualifying and none of them were particularly fair. Any handy tips or advice? I'm worried about not getting all of the lashes and it being really obvious where I've missed. I'm also concerned about getting close to the lash line without dying the skin.

Many many thanks from a panicker who overthinks things :(

Don't panic :)

Ladies with lighter lashes are often the best ones to do as they're the ones it makes the most difference on. Once you've cleansed the lashes and established how dark the client wants them, have your pads in place and just take your time. Make sure you get right down to the base of the lashes. Use a barrier such as vaseline on the lids but It doesn't matter if it does tint the skin a little as most people like this look and it'll wash off pretty quickly. You should have cotton buds on hand incase you get too much on the lid though.

Once your time is up and you have removed as much as possible with buds and pads give the clients two damp pads to wipe her eyes with before she opens. Once they are open check them over.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
If you are worried about getting dye on the skin, using a cotton bud & apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly on the eyelid, this will act as a barrier & prevent the tint staining the skin. Just be sure not to touch the eyelashes with it.

Thanks ladies for your replies. Do you use a brush to apply the tint or an applicator stick? :)

Well my husband let me practice on him tonight and now he looks like Gary Newman! ;)

I use a brush as I find you can get right down to the roots of the lashes, however in my new job they don't use the disposable brushes, they use cotton buds which is taking a bit of getting used to, not sure im keen! X

A brush ;)

I apply petroleum jelly to the top of the eye lid (near lashes). I agree, fair eyelashes are the easiest ones to tint. I always check with the client if they want them brown or black. I use a brush to apply to tint - make sure you get right into the root - if you get some on the lid it should be okay because the jelly is there but quickly remove it with a bud to be sure. Just take care and you shouldn't get much on. I always look from the front/side and move the brush sideways at the root to make sure I've got full coverage. I hope that makes sense!

I apply petroleum jelly to the top of the eye lid (near lashes). I agree, fair eyelashes are the easiest ones to tint. I always check with the client if they want them brown or black. I use a brush to apply to tint - make sure you get right into the root - if you get some on the lid it should be okay because the jelly is there but quickly remove it with a bud to be sure. Just take care and you shouldn't get much on. I always look from the front/side and move the brush sideways at the root to make sure I've got full coverage. I hope that makes sense!

Thank you - I feel a bit more prepared now xx

Sometimes I also get my clients to sit up and lean forward before opening their eyes - can just help if any tint has run into the eye which can sometimes happen.

Ask the lady what colour mascara she wears.Blue/black or black can sometimes be too harsh on some fair people especially when older and brown/ black can look nicer.

Latest posts

Back