Tipping hell argh!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozpot

Reaction score
Hi All,
Need some advice, the last few full sets of tips I have done have been a nightmare, I prep the nail properly, get the right size tip, apply glue and put onto the nail with a little pressure and they just won't stick!! I spent nearly an hour this afternoon putting a full set on and, most had to be re-done as wouldn't stick properly then when I came to blend they all just came off. Its so frustrating as not had this problem until recently. I ended up sculpting on forms which is fine but I need to know where I am going wrong with applying tips.
I am using same tips (LCN 9000 or 1000 depending on nail type) and LCN Fastner Rapide (glue I always use) so no change in products.
Can you advise wether you think maybe I am applying too much glue - can this affect as I do use a fair bit, or could my glue be from a rubbish batch or am I just loosing my nack and need a bit of guidance from another tech.
It reallys sets me back as I am then worrying throughout the rest of the appointment that I am going to bugger something else up.
Any advice is greatly appreciated
Thanks all

Hi hun:green:

I would definitely recommend trying a different glue (same brand, just a new one!) to try and narrow the problem down. If you've been using this glue for a while, it may be that it is losing it's adhesive properties, what with constantly being exposed to air each time you open it.

Of course I could be completely wrong! But if you do try a new glue and are still having the same problem, at least you know it's nothing to do with the glue....

hth

(p.s....have you tried dehydrating the tip as well as prepping the nail before application?)

you can't dehydrate the tip as it would cause it to crack...

what sort of tip adhesive are you using? if it's a gel adhesive then it could be that you need to apply a tad more pressure to the tips when you're applying them.

you can't dehydrate the tip as it would cause it to crack...

:o Hey Sandi....my mum says that too!

But if I ever have problems like Ozpot is experiencing, I always think it's something to do with the tip....

I consider myself officially told:green:

my mum says that too!
I consider myself officially told:green:
Mum knows best :wink2:

I would reckon that if there are problems applying tips then it's more than likely to do with the pressure applied during application, or lack of it, OR the amount of adhesive used too.

Double adhering can help... apply a little adhesive to the nail plate prior to applying it to the tip, do a couple at a time, then apply adhesive to the tip and apply that, making sure enough pressure is on the tip as a lot of adhesives bond better with firm pressure.

Who were you applying the tips on? If the natural nails are quite oily then you must make sure you dehydrate the nail properly. I have had problems before and have had to lightly buff the natural nail, use a dehydrator and then stick nails on. Is your client on medication or had bad circulation (very cold hands). I have a client with very cold hands and sometimes it takes 3-4 attempts to get a tip on. Hormonal teenagers, pregnant ladies and ladies on HRT prosac and other medication can also be a real problem.

It could be your glue so you need to replace to eliminate the problem but I wouldn't mind betting there is an underlying cause.

A tip once given to me was to cover the natural nail in resin before you apply the tip as this blocks out any oils that refuse to be shifted. It worked on my hormonal teenager!!

Hope this helps

Charlotte

I had a problem like this before but found it was a problem with the tips i was using. I only found this out because i had run out of a few sizes of my tips and thought i could get away with using some old ones until my order had arrived and every old tip would not stick i was using gel bond which sticks almost anything now i use my old tips for nail art.

Shelly

Thanks for the advice, my tips arn't old though have had them for about 4 months - could that make a difference? also, can you let me know the name of a good nail dehydrator, I use LCN cleaner which removes surface oil etc but wondering wether I need a better product. Also, what tips do you use??? maybe I should change mine to see if it makes a difference too.
Thanks for taking the time to reply to me all of you, its really appreciated.
Regards

I use Scrubfresh for my prep, Nailfresh if nails need that extra dehydrating boost and normally Velocity tips, all by CND.

Do LCN have more in the way of dehydrating products?

Have you tried the 'double adhesion' trick to see if that helps?

I had this problem once, it was bad glue. Also the client was pregnant but I think it def had more to do with the bad glue.
Try a new glue and go from there.

It sounds like and adhesive problem to me too, I think you should get yourself a new bottle. This happened to me once same adhesive I always use, but must have been a dodgy bottle.:)

Latest posts

Back