Tips for learning to drive?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Molly B

Reaction score
Hi geeks

Just need some advice about driving. Realizing now after many years how there is much more opportunities if one knows how to drive.

What has always held me back in the past is anxiety about having an accident and harming someone.

Does anyone have any tips about overcoming these anxieties and whats your experience of learning how to drive?

How long from first starting out did you pass your test?

Would love you geeks to share!!

Thanks a mil xxxxx

Rescue remedy!

The best thing I did before I started lessons was sitting in my mums car doing clutch control (I did it for several days). Trust me, it made it all much easier!!

xXx

I think you have to be prepared that something bad will happen within your driving life. It may not necessarily be your fault as there are many bad divers on the roads. Just fake confidence until you've got it ;) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Will definitely be trying these things.xxx

Get yourself a pair of "driving" shoes and wear them on your lessons and then on your test. I must admit I did look quite silly rocking up to my driving test in November in a pair of sandals but it worked and I passed first time :) sounds silly but a pair of sensible shoes that u can feel the pedals with will be so much easier for u with clutch control. Oh and some comfy clothes cos if your like me I got sooo nervous and sweated a lot haha! Good luck xx

Hi geeks

Just need some advice about driving. Realizing now after many years how there is much more opportunities if one knows how to drive.

What has always held me back in the past is anxiety about having an accident and harming someone.

Does anyone have any tips about overcoming these anxieties and whats your experience of learning how to drive?

How long from first starting out did you pass your test?

Would love you geeks to share!!

Thanks a mil xxxxx

On my first ever driving lesson I was shaking with nerves, my instructor took us to a really quiet estate and we practiced the basics there. To be honest the only way you will get over your nerves is to do it!! Make sure you have a really patient and understanding instructor, mine was awesome! If you have a few lessons and the instructor doesn't make you feel comfortable, find a new one, at the end of the day you're paying them money to teach you and it's only going to make your nerves worse if you don't feel completely comfortable with them.. I had lessons for 8 months and passed first time. Your confidence will grow, you just need to get past the first few lessons. I look back now and wonder why I was so nervous! Good luck with it x

Thanks very much for sharing your experience and for the words of encouragement I really appreciate it.xxx

I will update in a few months when I have had a few lessons.xxx

Latest posts

Back