Tips: how many different ones to get

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helengrace000

Reaction score
Hi I'm about to place my first order with NSI. I want to get tips to suit all nails of course. I'm still practicing at the moment. My mum has some very curved nails and some more flat so need different tips to suit! What would you advise, how many different shapes and sizes basically!

Thank you x

I would start off with the basics.
Go for the NSI Dura Tips or NSI Elation Tips and get a box of white, a box of natural and a box of clear.
I found these great as they are a good fit for 90% of my clients and the others I tailored the tip to their needs. Which helped with learning how to tailor tips :)
My advice would be start with the basics and when you become more acquainted with tips and sizes/shapes etc etc then I would expand to different shapes :)
Hope this helped xxxx

Sorry to add on ur question but im just about to change my product to nsi and was wondering the best place to get it all from x

I would start off with the basics.
Go for the NSI Dura Tips or NSI Elation Tips and get a box of white, a box of natural and a box of clear.
I found these great as they are a good fit for 90% of my clients and the others I tailored the tip to their needs. Which helped with learning how to tailor tips :)
My advice would be start with the basics and when you become more acquainted with tips and sizes/shapes etc etc then I would expand to different shapes :)
Hope this helped xxxx

Thank you yes that's brilliant! Xxx

Sorry to add on ur question but im just about to change my product to nsi and was wondering the best place to get it all from x

That's ok! I'm not very experienced but I'd have thought direct from them? I emailed them and they sent me their catalogue and leaflets and all seems fairly simple to order from them! X

I would start off with elation tips natural and French. And when you get more money then buy other kinds.
I mostly sculpt now days as it's quicker for me but that takes practice😣.

I tried so many brands of tips and now stick to Nsi elation natural tips! They very durable which is important !

Beauty at your finger tips!

I would start off with elation tips natural and French. And when you get more money then buy other kinds.
I mostly sculpt now days as it's quicker for me but that takes practice😣.

I tried so many brands of tips and now stick to Nsi elation natural tips! They very durable which is important !

Beauty at your finger tips!

Okay thank you sounds good to me!!

I'm in Scotland so I but my NSI stock from The Scottish Beauty School in Glasgow which is the only distributor of NSI in Scotland but I'm not sure about trade shops in the rest of the UK.
I assume that NSI have a website for England, Wales and Northern Ireland that you can buy their stock from? Probably your best bet! Try googling NSI UK I'm sure it will come up :) xxxx

Could I just ask another question! I'm thinking of buying 180/240 file for most of the work for the natural nail. But then need something to file the tips, I'm thinking a 100 grit? Is this right and would these two files be enough?

Thank you :) xxx

Could I just ask another question! I'm thinking of buying 180/240 file for most of the work for the natural nail. But then need something to file the tips, I'm thinking a 100 grit? Is this right and would these two files be enough?

Thank you :) xxx

I think a 100 grit might be a bit too harsh especially for blending, I use a 180 grit or the majority of my work (240 for natural nails, 150 for debulking acrylic or gel, and very very occasionally a 100 grit for more stubborn acrylics or for the first few steps of a removal to speed things up)
I use the NSI Dura files and all that I really only use the 180 & 150 grits for enhancements usually. I use 240 hand files from Sally's for shaping the natural nail :)
Hope this helps xxx

I think a 100 grit might be a bit too harsh especially for blending, I use a 180 grit or the majority of my work (240 for natural nails, 150 for debulking acrylic or gel, and very very occasionally a 100 grit for more stubborn acrylics or for the first few steps of a removal to speed things up)
I use the NSI Dura files and all that I really only use the 180 & 150 grits for enhancements usually. I use 240 hand files from Sally's for shaping the natural nail :)
Hope this helps xxx

Yes very helpful as always!! Thank you lol xxx

To order from NSI UK, you will need proof of certificate and valid insurance number, as they only sell to qualified techs.

Latest posts

Back