Tips I've learned from doing Shellac these three weeks.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

franjess

Reaction score
Just wanted to share with you geeks this tip (may be wrong, but works for me) Gigi well correct me if I'm wrong. Please do. I'm on my 1st reshellac. Love it. But about the 6th day of my first Shellac on my hands and my co-workers nails, we had some waring away and sligth chip like on some fingers (I said chip like because Gigi says it doesn't chip) also did on the Spa owner. We are really putting Shellac to the test. Excample Scubing pots & pans, cleaning Pools, Filing & removing polish from Clients nails, all without protection of any kind (on purpose). I have some clients that are like that with thier nails and I want to know what to expect. So as a result of the abuse I had these chip like waring away sligthly on tips with some ruff edges. I have pictures in my album. What I did was, Filed ruff edges, Cleaned with 99% alcohol, Put base only on missing area cured 30 sec.,Took the color once and touched up area where needed carefuly as not to cause bump, cured 2 min. then top coat over whole nail. Didn't want to waste product on putting color over whole nail because I may not charge to do this if within 1st 7 days. Co-workers nails where dull to because of non actone polish remover on clients. Result was great back to perfecton & on to the 2nd week. And I will remind them again of after care & have a stern warning not to abuse next time or they well have to pay. Also if just waring slightly on tips, just smooth & put top coat on & cure two min. presto its fixed, didn't see the ware any more. Clean nail first with alcohol. If client doesn't do the after care, then would suggest enhancements next time or have her come in weekly and charge her.

There is a Shellac Social Group and one of the questions in there is about tips - this would be better placed in the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back