Tips on bringing clients in

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheVanityCase

Reaction score
I've recently started renting a space in a hair salon and am struggling to get clients through the door. I offer manicures, gel polish, nail art and eye treatments.
I have a Facebook page, have done leaflet drops and most of the other shops in the courtyard where the salon is have my poster up somewhere. The salon owner doesn't advertise much though as both the stylists brought clients with them from previous salons. The salon is the only shop who don't have a sign on the main board as you enter the courtyard or have a hanging sign on the side of the building. Infact the brewery round the corner have their sign outside the salon so you'd think we're the brewery! You don't know the salon is there until you're standing right infront of it but as it's not my salon I don't feel like I can bring it up.
I've also suggested contacting local magazines to do an intro article or something similar and everytime I bring it up the salon owner says she'll contact them but never has. I'm apprehensive about doing it alone incase she feels like I've gone behind her back.
I'm just a bit stuck on how to get clients. The few clients I do have generally come back so I think I'm doing a good job!
Any advise or tips would be much appreciated :)

Have you looked at local events lovely?x

I'm doing a fun day next weekend which I'm hoping will bring a few people in. I've been nosing in the pinned marketing post which has given me loads of ideas, just need to put them into practice now!
Do you do any events? There's the summer one run by My Little Vintage that's held in the court where I work but that's months away :( xx

ps. You do know it's Elena, don't you?!

Of course I know it's you!x

The local vintage shops are good for events, it doesn't cost much to do them either.x

Haha, just checking ;)
I'll have a look around now craft fair season is back. I might contact schools as well for pamper evenings. Thank you!

Latest posts

Back