Tips or forms?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flic22

Reaction score
Which do you prefer to do extensions and why? I use tips and I havent used a form since I trained but I think I will have a play around with them.

When I first started, I always did tips - purely down to more confidence applying them and shaping nails like almond/oval etc but am now trying to do all forms as I find it cuts down my service times by up to 30 mins! I think it's important to at least keep practicing at home with your forms. There are some nails a tip just isn't going to fit :)

I use mainly tips and occasionally forms.
I find I am much quicker with tips and get the shape a lot cleaner than sculpting. I struggle to fit forms so I probably should practise a bit more but I just always prefer the application and finish when using tips :)

I use both but I prefer working with forms. I'd tried lots of different forms and recently had Nail Perfect forms recommended and I love them. So easy to fit and they don't love at all.
The only time forms take me longer is if I'm doing acrylic nail art and I have to think about the design whilst shaping the nail at the same time.
On a plain set I find them quicker than tips

Latest posts

Back