Tips popping off after couple days

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lmartin

Reaction score
Hello

I do both forms and tips for my hard gels, but I notice when I do tips they pop off sometimes within that same week. My forms are perfect and would last even as long as 8 weeks, but not when I do tips. Am I using the wrong nail glue? Have tried Ibd nail glue and recently light elegance and same result what am I missing?

Are you sure it is the tip that is coming off or are the nails breaking at the point of application?

It could be that you are not building up the Stress area correctly or you could have applied the tips too small which causes them to 'push ' up

When you apply the tips it should fit with ease and should not have to be pressed down hard ( so that it splays) to get across the width of the nail if that makes sense

It could be your glue but I would bet money on it being one of the two points i mentioned - Or it could be both

Are you sure it is the tip that is coming off or are the nails breaking at the point of application?

It could be that you are not building up the Stress area correctly or you could have applied the tips too small which causes them to 'push ' up

When you apply the tips it should fit with ease and should not have to be pressed down hard ( so that it splays) to get across the width of the nail if that makes sense

It could be your glue but I would bet money on it being one of the two points i mentioned - Or it could be both

It's weird they break at the cuticle they literally just pop off. My forms don't do that though. I try to size my tips properly making sure they fit corner to corner.

It's weird they break at the cuticle they literally just pop off. My forms don't do that though. I try to size my tips properly making sure they fit corner to corner.

Ok to use the term 'break at the cuticle ' cannot be right as by definition your customer would be in tremendous pain if this actually happened ;)

Do you mean they are lifting at the cuticle ?
x

I don't understand how tips can break at the cuticle?
Eponychium?
Tips don't attach at the eponychium.

Ok to use the term 'break at the cuticle ' cannot be right as by definition your customer would be in tremendous pain if this actually happened ;)

Do you mean they are lifting at the cuticle ?
x
Yes wrong use of words ,but they lift right off no pain after couple days. They just pop off. When I do the extension using forms I don't have that issue at all. There's and mines will last at least a month with forms.

S
Yes wrong use of words ,but they lift right off no pain after couple days. They just pop off. When I do the extension using forms I don't have that issue at all. There's and mines will last at least a month with forms.
So my question is am i using the wrong nail glue, is there a specific one i should be using?

It sounds like your tips are too tight they are forcing the gel up and popping off. Use a bigger tip as mentioned above xx

S

So my question is am i using the wrong nail glue, is there a specific one i should be using?

No its nothing to do with the glue - That is unless you place your tips right down by the eponychium/cuticle which you should not .

If they are lifting right off they are not adhering correctly in the first place . So you need to look at A ) your prep B ) The tip size and placement or maybe C) you are apply too thick in that area which means the gel may not be fully cured

x

Latest posts

Back