tips/tricks for ski jump nails.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niksaki

Reaction score
For those of you with clients who have ski jump nails how often do you need to retip?
I am a ski jumper :cry::lol::hug: and i find it is really obvious by about week 3-4, so i am always taking off my enhancments and then redoing them again (lots of work) and i am keeping them pretty short andneat..say to the end of my finger if that, other wise they look awful, any tips or tricks to create an illusion so to speak that they are normal, so i dont have to retip all the time?
Nic

g'day nik..the only thing i can think of(if you aren't doing it already!) is placing zone 2 (stress area..a little further back than usual..kinda almost in zone 3). You wouldnt want to place it in the usual area as ski jumps dont really lend themselves to this placement?
How about trying a complete rebalance every 2..rather than stretching it out to 3 or 4? Preferably 2 if you have the time?? HTH with these challenging nails:lol:

USE GELBOND! And rock that tip to curve it down, Add a smidge more product to zone 2!!

I do a complete rebalance every 2-3 weeks. Period. Otherwise the stress grows out and gets yucky. Get your clients into the habit, especially one with these types of nailplates!!!

Good luck! :)

Thankyou lovely ladies, great tips, i do put zone two back a little already, and also when i am rebalancing my nails i really make zone one curve right down (as my nails LOVE to grow up hence ski jumps) at the moment i have sculpts on, so i might try tips and do what heather suggested with the tip and curve it down a little more, why oh why do i have to have these nails LOL :lol:

Latest posts

Back