To do acrylic/gel nail training or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elliebliss

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.
I qualified as a Beauty Therapist nearly 2 years ago. I am trained only in natural nails, and i do shellac. I really want to get my home salon up and running as an actual company. I do friends and family at the moment but really want to take the plunge. I have a complete separate unit out my back garden. I am trying to do extra courses now to build up my treatment menu and i love learning anything new to do with beauty. My main question is, is there still much of a market for Acrylic/Gels in Ireland. I would really love to learn how to do them but the coures can be expensive, would you make your money back. I love CND Shellac and would prefere to train in their system for acrylic and gels but the problem is the price of the training :( . Nsi and Crystal Nails are cheaper. Has anyone had any experience doing training with these companies in Dublin. Any feedback will be so helpful :)

Youngs nails in blanch is very good. 550 for gel nails course over 3 sundays.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I personally think its better to be able to offer both gel and L+P to suit all your clients needs.

I am from Ireland and there is a good demand for both!

I trained with NSI in the beginning but i am currently fazing out my products to convert to CND in all aspects which i wish i had of done in the first place.. If you think about it their training isn't that expensive when the kits and lamp are supplied and their training is top notch..

My advice would be to start saving until you can afford to train with them.. You will make it back in no time and have the confidence that you have had the best training and using very good products!!

Good luck with your decision! :)

Caroline xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Thank you girls for you replies. I think i will go for it and save for the CND course. As you said Caroline you do get all the kit which is great products and training.

Latest posts

Back