To invest in OPI GelColor or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amy elizabeth

Reaction score
hey guys, i am really stuck to know what to do. i already offer opi axxium (soak off gel polish) and my clients love how it looks, however the soak off procedure is always such a pain. it always takes longer than they state it should. ive been doing it for a about a year now so my application is thin. ive tryed putting their hands in heated mitts to try and speed this time up but still not much better. so now opi have bought out there Gel color polish. which is suppose to be much quicker and soak off time reduced too. i just dont know whether to invest in this new system or not as its not cheap and have already paid over 300 for the axxium kit. also if i do get the gel color kit will it make the axxium totally redundant? tryed chatting to the rep but they always have a invested interest obviously and want a honest opinion from someone that doesnt. sorry to go on but really dont know what to do. help! any opinions would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

Why not go test it out somewhere ?
I am saving for a good system so I have tried a few brands.
I had an Opi gelcolour manicure recently and the removal was a dream. Perfect coverage and easy removal, with no damage to the natural nail.

I tried axxium, did not like it - because of removal mostly, although colors were tempting. Lucky for me some time later Shellac was introduced, then Gelish, then OPI - I did not even wonder for a moment. Bought an intro set and have fallen in love.
In your position, I would slowly move clients from axxium to gelcolor - you can always use axxium on toes, or use colors, that are still not introduced in gelcolor. They will love Gelcolor, as it is thin, removes quite quickly. It is possible some clients will still wish to have axxium - as you already have it it will not be a problem, and Gelcolor will attract new clients for sure.
HTH :)

Thanks guys thats really helped. think im proberly going to invest in the gel color:) defo think i shall get a gel color manicure first to make my mind up for sure. just got to find somewhere that does it in bristol as not alot of salons seem to do it. thanks again!:biggrin:

Thanks guys thats really helped. think im proberly going to invest in the gel color:) defo think i shall get a gel color manicure first to make my mind up for sure. just got to find somewhere that does it in bristol as not alot of salons seem to do it. thanks again!:biggrin:

More reason to invest and get in there first in Bristol lol!

I'm axxuim trained and have now converted to gelcolour. I have had a few teething problems but have now found that if I prep like axxuim ie buff then they are going the distance.

The glossy finish last for weeks especially on the darks and my axxuim clients love gelcolour, I charge the same but application with the led lamp is much quicker. You can always use gelcolour with your axxuim uv lamp if you want to test it out, just buy a colour u like and give it a test then it's only 25 quid down the shoot if you don't like it!

I've felt quiet frustrated with gelcolour when first started with it but am very happy with the results now.

The soak off is fast and it all comes off in one unlike axxuim, heated mitts make it even quicker I've found, don't waste money on the foils I still use cotton pads and baking foil and they still work a treat but arnt as neat looking but hey who really cares?!?

Hope this helps, good luck with it
X

Latest posts

Back