To sell or not to sell

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, i am in exactly the same situation as you hun! I have been self employed for 2 years, fortunatly in a rented property so there is not that much money lost, the business has hardly ever left me with a wage in all the time i have been going at it and i have decided to give up.

I felt exactly the same as you most likely do at the moment, worrying that i wasnt good enough, was a failure, wasnt liked by my clients etc etc.
Anyway, after some long discussions with my partner, many tears shed and a lot of stress i have given my landlord notice and i have quit.

I finally made my decision when i realised that owning the business had only made me depressed, argue with my partner, stopped me from getting a mortgage, put a stop to going out as much and generally had stopped me and enjoying life.

Sorry that this is long and i dont mean to sound negative, but i just thought i would answer your thread and let you know that you are not a failure if you decide to give your business up and there are other people in the same situation as yourself.

Maybe you should write a list of pro's and con's to keeping you salon or getting a job. In my opinion, you have to do what is best for you and what will make you happy.

good luck with your decision, x

im in the same boat, 2 yrs but when i started out i had absolutely nothing. the 1st yr was basically keeping afloat, 2nd yr i changed a lot of stuff, went on more training and bought more equipemnt. this is yr 3 and my lease is up in dec so if i dont bring home a half decent wage then im shtting! i got pregnant a month after starting and i had my wee girl on thu and came back to work on tue, i brought the baby in with me till she was 10wk then put her into nursery with my wee boy. thats the main reason i stay sometimes cos if i give up now it means iv wasted 2 yr i could ve spent with them. if i stick at it i hope to bring in a decent wage and provide for them. i ve started renting a room to a massage and make up girl which pays my rent so all i ve to worry about is utility bill and advertising. my 1st yr i only earned £4k in total, 2ns yr a wee bit more. get geared up for mothers day, dress your window, if you mke a bit o money at that it ll cheer u up. know wot its like with husbands! men arent very understanding some times. i get yapped at all the time! dont let him be your deciding factor. if owning your own business was easy everyone would do it!

Latest posts

Back