Toe nail fungus

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debbie 2324

Reaction score
Hello I have a male client with the yellowish brown fungus and he wants to hide it temporarily with a natural looking polish. Does anyone know of a polish that would cover but still look natural?

Tbh it really is best left alone, with nothing on it (except fungal treatment - tea tree oil is good dropperes on a couple of times a day).

It's also a contra-indication to treatment.

I usually tell clients to apply neat tea tree oil under the nail and around the cuticle on a daily basis for several weeks.
Clients can also now buy a Canesten nail fungal treatment kit from a pharmacist counter. (no doubt other brands also available!)

Encourage your chap to work on curing it rather than covering up. Once he is out of sandals and wearing shoes no one will see it!

Thank you guys for the advice, I will pass it on to my client. This is good to know [emoji4]

Pulse laser treatments though expensive work really quickly. Sometimes you can get a good deal on Groupon.

This might sound a bit....well dumb, but tell him to soak his feat in either listerine, apple cider vinegar, or vodka every night. Home remedies, don't ask me how I know this, all I'll say is that it works :D

This might sound a bit....well dumb, but tell him to soak his feat in either listerine, apple cider vinegar, or vodka every night. Home remedies, don't ask me how I know this, all I'll say is that it works :D
I don't know where the op is based however here in the uk our insurance does not cover us for giving out diy or home remedies. We are not qualified to diagnose, that is something which can only be done by a medical professional likewise we are not allowed to prescribe.

I don't know where the op is based however here in the uk our insurance does not cover us for giving out diy or home remedies. We are not qualified to diagnose, that is something which can only be done by a medical professional likewise we are not allowed to prescribe.

I'm based in the US, and I don't mean to diagnose :) And it depends on the relationship between the client and you as well. In my situation, the majority of my clients are my close friends, who ask me for such DIY tips on such matters. Just simple tips :)

A high % pure medical alcohol would help as well. Again a DIY remedy, but it works like a treat

A high % pure medical alcohol would help as well. Again a DIY remedy, but it works like a treat
Agreed! Though I'm glad that I rarely get asked about such obscure DIY experiments :D

Latest posts

Back