Toe nail reconstruction help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*aan*

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been asked by a client if I can do something with her big toes so she can wear flip flops this summer.

She has sent me pictures Which i will add.

One of them she has said she has just ripped off and it will grow back.

The other she says "Ok this is the normalish toe. It grows wonky and never gets any longer than that before catching and breaking"

I'm trained in acrylic. So would need to use that. I have seen this link on here but it says to apply acrylic to the thinned out toe nail and this lady doesn't even have a toe-nail on one nail?

Reconstructing Damaged Toenails - Technique - NAILS Magazine

But am i correct in thinking you just apply acrylic on to the toe? How does it stick? Does it not cause adverse reactions?

Just wondered if anyone who does this could give me any tips from looking at these 2 pictures.

Attachments

• TOE NAIL.jpg
    TOE NAIL.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 920
  • TOENAILOK.jpg
    TOENAILOK.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,176
Hi, I'm not sure about acrylic but I've had clients like this before and have painted nail varnish over the skin to make it look like a nail! She was very happy with the results but I'm not sure how long it lasted xx

Thank you, That's interesting to try if the acrylic nail doesn't work out.

She has dreams of toe nails being made and minx being applied eek. I think I will just start out with a toe nail first :0)

Lol! One step at a time :)

I actually have something similar myself I lost a big toenail on a walking marathon. It grew up a bit but never reattaches properly when it grows out, and i catches it comes off again as a result I can't let it grow too long as the doc said if it rips off again it might not grow back at all in the hope that it will attach again properly one day!

So ask her how well attached it is etc

However as I am a tech myself I was going to go the acrylic route but as mentioned above I didn't want to risk the chance of it ripping off again and not having anything to work with.

So one thing I have tried is a nail tip like the biggest ones not one with a deep smile line obviously but the rounded ones and I use nail,glue to put this on trim to length and paint. I fine this gives me the best effect and if I do catch it is just the tip that comes off and not the nail! It works great in summer and fits great and is really quick.

Don't know if you do shellac or anything but also recommend in the winter months to paint in shellac and have redone every two weeks with solar oil. This really helps me get some growth and strength and it actually grows a little!

Sorry a little bit long winded but hope it helps!

Xx

Latest posts

Back