Told to use a pedicure blade or don't do pedicures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone, thanks for your replies.
I've since found a new salon and have been there for 3 weeks and so far so good!
I have a part time job so I'm in the salon three days a week and I'm not that busy yet, but my client base is building and it's going better than it has at any other salon I've been in, plus no one interferes with the way I do my job

Very happy I moved! Very happy I found this salon.

Thanks again everyone! I'm so happy I took the advice and got out and moved on :)
Xx

Last edited:
I also was taught that using the blade makes the problem worse- it causes the skin to overgrow so it's something the client ends up having to do regularly. It's also very old school.

If it were me I would do the owner a callus peel to show her the benefits of it while explaining the negatives behind using the blades.

Xx

Yes I was about to say the same, it will only make matters worse "it's old skool" for a reason!! Tell her you are self-employed in her shop, she is NOT YOUR BOSS!! You have your own way of working & more importantly what you are trained to work with! If she doesn't like it tell her to get on her "chopper!" 😉

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back