Tomorrow is judgement day. . . !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shine_Studios

Reaction score
Hi all! Im not a hair geek, i do nails! but i have been bullyting the stylist where i work for years about turning my v.dark brown hair blonde!! im so impatient and want it dont yesterday 'so to speak'!!!

But can anyone tell me what i should expect to happen.? My natural hair is very very light!!! And i so so want to be a blonde!!!

iudhfuibhfsdbfviksdvkbda2sbncol#!!

its so frustrating :) xxxxx

Hi hun :)

Is it v. dark, almost black? If so, it may take quite a bit to bring it up even though your hair is naturally quite light, and it may go ginger at first!

Have you had a full consultation with her? What has she said to you?

I'm only just starting out as an apprentice hairdresser but have been in the salon for a couple of months watching and listening, taking notes so to speak :) and I had the front my v. naturally dark hair bleached and it took a couple of goes to make it proper blonde.

Hopefully someone more qualifed will come along and be able to give you an answer :green:

Good luck! xx

hey! yeah its v.dark (almost black!), but its in good condition so i hope that helps lol! she works with me in the salon so i trust her 100%! but i just dont dont dont want to go ginger! if she puts the blonde on once, and its too dark, what happens if you put it on twice, or can you not do this again the same day? gosh im totally clueless when it comes to hair dressing!! lol! but it doesnt help im so impatient xxx

hey! yeah its v.dark (almost black!), but its in good condition so i hope that helps lol! she works with me in the salon so i trust her 100%! but i just dont dont dont want to go ginger! if she puts the blonde on once, and its too dark, what happens if you put it on twice, or can you not do this again the same day? gosh im totally clueless when it comes to hair dressing!! lol! but it doesnt help im so impatient xxx

If it's in good condition then she may apply it again to try to lighten it further but it still might not be the colour you want. The ends tend to lighten better than the root, so if she does apply again she should only apply it there.

If it's still a bit yellowy, she might wash and condition it in a purple shampoo (we use K-Pak in our salon) but sometimes this can leave a purply tinge and bleaching may have to be tried again in a week or so.

Like I said, I'm no expert! Just what I've seen in the salon so have a chat with her, I'm sure she'll let you know exactly what is likely to happen :)

Good luck hun and let us know how it goes. xx

with bleaching u need to lift from the colour spectrum, it goes from black to red to orange to yellow to white, the darker the colour the more work the bleach has to get thro. theres no other way of doin it as tint doesnt lift tint, but theres only so long u can leave bleach on for in one go so u may well expect a second goin over, but poss not there and then, depends how ur hair has faired with the first application.

she needs to give u a full consultation and a full expectation as to what can happen...and be aware that it may take more then one go at it. u have to remember what ur hair is goin thro and the expectations can sometimes be more then what can be acheived at the time. a toner can be used, be it a shampoo or semi permanent colour to get rid of any brassiness.

just want to comment on redsadies last post of the ends lightening better, it does depend on whats already on the hair:

1: if naturally light but tinted dark, it tends to have roots before getting highlighted, so in this case the roots will have less to go thru on the spectrum before processed so they will lighten quicker and cleaner then the rest

2: the roots are the closest to the head so they are aided by the natural body heat, and as we loose most of it thru are heads, it plays are big influence in speeding up the process again lightening quicker and cleaner than the rest

like i say depends on whats on the hair, if u can let ur hair fade up using a clarifying shampoo for a few weeks u might find it helps get the colour a little easier and less harshly

hth's both of you !

with bleaching u need to lift from the colour spectrum, it goes from black to red to orange to yellow to white, the darker the colour the more work the bleach has to get thro. theres no other way of doin it as tint doesnt lift tint, but theres only so long u can leave bleach on for in one go so u may well expect a second goin over, but poss not there and then, depends how ur hair has faired with the first application.

she needs to give u a full consultation and a full expectation as to what can happen...and be aware that it may take more then one go at it. u have to remember what ur hair is goin thro and the expectations can sometimes be more then what can be acheived at the time. a toner can be used, be it a shampoo or semi permanent colour to get rid of any brassiness.

just want to comment on redsadies last post of the ends lightening better, it does depend on whats already on the hair:

1: if naturally light but tinted dark, it tends to have roots before getting highlighted, so in this case the roots will have less to go thru on the spectrum before processed so they will lighten quicker and cleaner then the rest

2: the roots are the closest to the head so they are aided by the natural body heat, and as we loose most of it thru are heads, it plays are big influence in speeding up the process again lightening quicker and cleaner than the rest

like i say depends on whats on the hair, if u can let ur hair fade up using a clarifying shampoo for a few weeks u might find it helps get the colour a little easier and less harshly

hth's both of you !

Thanks for that info hun, it has helped and it's great to get an understanding of why things happen as opposed to just seeing what it does and not knowing how it works :green:

Oooh, I so wanna learn!!!!

Sarah. x

i think topaz said it all really haha, but i just want to say, it refreshing to see someone learning like red giving the advice she knows and then still following through and learning more. . this is why the industry is good, we all learn as we go from eachother. . good luck with your transformation, i hope it goes well and your hair isnt too dry, get good ocnditioner, blondes always need more haha x

Get her to do a strand test first. That way you will have some idea of what the end colour will be

Latest posts

Back