Toner help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma89#

Reaction score
Hi I am a hairdresser, I was wondering if any one could help I have a customer who had a 5.0 tint and bleach foils and I tone the blonde with pulp riot silver but it tends to make the brown tint warm i also found igors silver done the same too 😪 dose any one know of an other good ashy toner, I have been looking at redkin eq but was wondering if that would do the same to the brown. Thanks

What are you lifting to with the bleach?

Between an 9 and 10 it takes nice on the blonde but the silver is making the 5.0 tint really warm 😪

Were you toning with a direct dye or a demi?
If you’re using an oxidising colour to tone, it will always lift the 5 a little and expose underlying warmth.

Maybe it might be worth using a Highlift tint for the highlights, then you won’t need to tone afterwards?
It will need to be done with 12% and left for the maximum processing time. It won’t lift as clean as bleach but to be honest, I think it will look better overall and more natural looking.

My customer likes the blonde ashy and a highlift wont get her that colour. 😖

it was the pulp riot silver toner with 1.6 vol,it's an alkaline so I was wondering if the redkin eq would be better as it's an acid or do you think it would still lift the 5.0 warm, I have to use the 5.0 as it's the closest to her natural root as she has about 45% grey we do a little root smudge and a few babylites for a soft blend.

Last edited:
Use an acidic toner Id use shades eq or dialight for sure. 👍

have you ever noticed if the eq shade have made a natural brown warm on the 010p range or 09v. Thanks

Latest posts

Back