Toner keeps washing out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lebelle

Reaction score
hi any help appriecated . client has bace 6 bleached to clean 10 toned with wella illioumor 9/60 with a little mix tone /81 and pastel hair just will not keep tone ?

Toners are designed to wash out after a few washes ? They don't last forever it's not colour. I don't understand your post. Are you saying it won't take all or that it's washing out after a few washes? Because that's what a toner does.

Sorry it's washing out after 1 shampo , she is using wella colour shampo too

Bleaching the hair aggressively can blast off the cuticle. Thus not making the color last. Repeated applications toner can make the color last better. Keeping the toner on for the full process time also helps, so dilute with clear if you have to and you're worried about too much grabbing. Make sure they use sulphate free color shampoo and a good purple shampoo 1× a week. Rinsing with cool water also helps and not washing frequently.

Thank you for your advice lukas really appriecate it

Hi, was wondering if you could help me with my toner problem. I have a client who lifts to a reall clean level 10 after a bleach root application and toned and looks really good and after 1 wash her roots turn beige any help would be really appreciated thanks so much

Hi, was wondering if you could help me with my toner problem. I have a client who lifts to a reall clean level 10 after a bleach root application and toned and looks really good and after 1 wash her roots turn beige any help would be really appreciated thanks so much
What are you applying?

hi any help appriecated . client has bace 6 bleached to clean 10 toned with wella illioumor 9/60 with a little mix tone /81 and pastel hair just will not keep tone ?
It may be that the hair is lacking in protein resulting in super porous hair that has "holes" larger than the color molecules so they just fall out right away.
You can do protein replacement treatments to replace the missing K( keratin) like joicos k-pak ( always followed up with a conditioner after!) when some protein is restored the color molecules have something to bond on to resulting in longer lasting coloring results.

This combined with the other mentions/ tips is a sure routine for lasting results!

Latest posts

Back