Toning bleach with 10/8

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snaz

Reaction score
I know this colour is lovely for toning but never tried it.

I usually bleach a ladies hair to the pale yellow then tone with 10/16, this comes of clean blonde! I am wanting it silver blonde which 10/8 looks like, so would I still lift hair to a pale yellow and would this still come out silvery still counteracting the yellow tones?

I know this colour is lovely for toning but never tried it.

I usually bleach a ladies hair to the pale yellow then tone with 10/16, this comes of clean blonde! I am wanting it silver blonde which 10/8 looks like, so would I still lift hair to a pale yellow and would this still come out silvery still counteracting the yellow tones?

Isn't 8 pearl which I thought was mainly blue tone so it would mix with the yellow making green. Try 10/6 it's a new one as far as in aware haven't tried it though :) xx

That's what I was thinking, hence question! So would I have to lift to a white before?? Cause /8 is pale blue? Or am suppose to catch it before it gets to the pale yellow tone.

10/6 is new, think this has more of a violet tone.

Do you think 10/16 & 10/8 equal parts would be fine? Or would that run risk of green still??

Last edited:
Are you talking Wella? I have a scalp bleach client who is 10/16 with 10/8 never gone green on me. I use an equaliser before, she gets lifted to a pale yellow. Was always taught hair shouldn't be lifted past pale yellow just toned correctly

Are you talking Wella? I have a scalp bleach client who is 10/16 with 10/8 never gone green on me. I use an equaliser before, she gets lifted to a pale yellow. Was always taught hair shouldn't be lifted past pale yellow just toned correctly

Thanks,yes it's Wella. Gone back into hair, so need a lot of refreshing lol!! But I'm on the right site for good info!

Will try both mixed. But would 10/8 be fine alone if I wanted it more silvery??

Thanks,yes it's Wella. Gone back into hair, so need a lot of refreshing lol!! But I'm on the right site for good info!

Will try both mixed. But would 10/8 be fine alone if I wanted it more silvery??

Hey again, well 6 is violet (as you know)in the 10/16, so when you've got that in there it counteracts the yellow anyway which means the two mixed are alright but the 10/8 on its own is just blue and yellow which makes green hun. You could try it but I personally wouldn't just use the 10/8. Hope thus helps xx

I use 10.8 on a pale yellow not a yello yellow if that makes sense it's gorge xx

I use 10.8 on a pale yellow not a yello yellow if that makes sense it's gorge xx

Think so, like inside of a banana peel. If I wish for the slate grey would you mix 30ml of 10/1 with 10ml of 0/11 or /81? ?

slate grey can be done with 10/0 and a little 2/8, i always use my old extentions to experiment with colours x

Will get those old extensions out. Why 2/8 in wella this is like petrol green? Not saying its wrong just trying to understand all this coloring lark!!
What something like the picture

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334132471.398525.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334132471.398525.jpg
    36.9 KB
Will get those old extensions out. Why 2/8 in wella this is like petrol green? Not saying its wrong just trying to understand all this coloring lark!!
What something like the picture

Hey Hun it's blue black isn't it? The /22 I thought was green xx

Durr. Sorry it's me!! Was looking at the special mix /28. Yes 2/8 is blue black.

Latest posts

Back