Toning brassy brunette with Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanessa Black

Reaction score
Hi guys, i am still in school and do not have much expertise so forgive me if I say something stupid.

I have a client/friend with roots that have natural level 6N and ends with level 8W-N. We are trying to get her back to her natural hair colour but i knew it would be a 2 step process. I have used Wella 6/7 (demi) on her and the depth of the colour is good but it turns copper in the sun/light. I know i need to tone it down and was thinking of using 7/01 for this purpose. I am thinking this would get her to 6N. Does this sound right? Or would you suggest something else? Also, i would rather tone her hair with demi so not sure i wanna go with Koleston. Would Color touch work in this case? 7/01 does not exist in Color touch but i guess i could mix up something.

Thank you so much in advance, help really appreciated.

Tone at the level your at , so if clients colour has faded yes tone with a level 7 , try colour touch 7/1 (remember the/1only subdues not counteracts) if it is quite brassy do 7/1 and 7/89 equal parts with 1.9% developer.

I'd tone with something on a 6 not a 7.

Thank you so much! :)

Yes, that sounds good. Her hair is not on the true level 6 even that i did put 6/7, it is somewhere between 6 and 7 cause her lengths were lighter (level 8 and some 9). I was afraid that toning with 7/1 would give too much ash but I guess not, it would neutralize orange only and some warmth would stay I guess. Which is good because she would rather have warm or neutral tone and hates cold tones due to her warm skin-tone. If i put 6/1 i think the hair would get darker and we wanna stay on this depth.

Latest posts

Back