Toning hair with Dialight?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodie howe

Reaction score
Toning blonde with dialight milkshakes.. which is the best activator to use 6vol or 9vol?? Finding 6vol very subtle toning.... will the 9vol tone slightly more. Without grabbing????

6 vol is for toning.
9 vol would give a slight lift so would tone less.
I find the dialights very effective so are you sure you're toning with the correct shade for your client ? X

Cool! Just find them very subtle to what I have used before .. & someone mentioned the 9vol but I wouldn't want lifting x

6 vol is for toning.
9 vol would give a slight lift so would tone less.
I find the dialights very effective so are you sure you're toning with the correct shade for your client ? X
Dialight doesn't lift?

Oh yes was thinking of richesse [emoji85] found this info online which may help
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1468530183.208160.jpg

I add conditioner to my 9.01 cos I've found they grab x

So any answers on best activator to use ?? 6vol 9vol?

If you are applying on top of newly highlited hair use 6 vol dia light as it will help the hair in condition, bring it back to acid balance x

For dialight on highly sensitized hair use 6 or 9, on natural and darker hair use 15 vol.

The higher the developer the more equalization it has but it will lift more natural pigment. Also it takes slower with a higher developer. For toning a full head of bleach for example 15 vol will give you a bit more time to apply before it starts getting toned and then begins to darken.

For toning highlights 15 vol might shift the natural hair to a slightly warmer shade, so it depends what you and your client desire.

I use 6 vol mostly for ends and when ashy/cool results on regrowth are my aim. Less lifting - less warmth!

Latest posts

Back