Toning highlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ELLE BELLA

Reaction score
What are people’s preferred products to tone highlights?
I am looking for a direct dye as I find even a low peroxide exposes some warmth on the natural hair colour and after a few weeks makes the overall colour appear warmer , and sometime s even a slight ‘ regrowth’ !

I'm not sure what end result you are looking for. That may get you more insight. But I personally love to use Wella Illumina.

I think you are toning with a permanent if the natural is lifting. I use L'Oréal dialight to tone highlights as it is a semi permanent

I agree, toners are usually mixed with 1.9 or 2% which does lift natural hair ever so slightly, Schwarzkopf do expert colour mousse which is direct and leaves hair feeling amazing, their no more yellow shampoo is really good too xx

I think you are toning with a permanent if the natural is lifting. I use L'Oréal dialight to tone highlights as it is a semi permanent

Nope I tone with a semi permanent , it’s not the colour but the peroxide which bumps the natural colour slightly . Not enough to lift as much as half a shade , just exposing some underlying warmth, which makes the overlying effect over time , warmer

Latest posts

Back