Too Dark

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scouser88

Reaction score
Recently coloured someones hair for the first time as she was from another salon she brought her usual colour with her 8.33 majirel but asked to go the shade darker so i used 7.33 but for some reason it went very dark and now i am in the process of lifting it. trying not to put bleach on it as shes a pensioner i used 12.0 just to try and lift it which it has but its still not light enough any suggestions as she wants to get back to her 8.33. she thinks its too dark still but i think if i put the 8.33 on now it will go dark to her!!

Would suggest you contact Majirel, as you have used their product it would be worth seeking their advice. Also be aware of using repeated applications on clients scalp in case of skin irritation. if Majirel no good could you possible use some foil highlights to break the colour & lighten.

what % did u use on this? its obviously porous so it has grabbed, i wouldnt hi-light it at all! do a test strand of 8.33 and 9%, that should do it. wait until she needs her roots done then touch up with 8.33 3% or 6% depending on how resistant her hair is leave that 15mins then apply the 9% to lengths, apply to ends for last few mins! be firm with her and explain this fully to her u have to think of the condition aswell!!! hth x

Am a bit confused, there is no 7.33 in majirel. I have never known 8.33 to shoot down dark on anyones hair, even over porous bleached hair.
Are you certain about what you used that made it go dark? Do a mild (3%) bleach bath, then recolour with 8.33.

its sorted now.ye sorry i used a 7 base as i never actually collected it from wholesalers.ended up stripping it and re applying the original colour and all is good.luckily hair has stayed in perfect condition.thanks for your replies

Latest posts

Back