Too noisy for eyelash extentions in open plan salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x Fee x

Reaction score
Hello All,

I've been putting work in to expand my nail business to brow and lash treatments now that I'm salon based. I'm training next week and finalising the new furniture at the moment.

I share the salon space with a hairdresser, and it's open plan with no possibility of putting up a wall to separate the space or make a closed room.

This is fine for nails and hair, but it occurred to me today that even though I have a divider screen coming so my brow and lash clients can have privacy on the beauty couch if they wish, it doesn't block out the sound of the hairdryer.

I'm sure brow treatments and express lashes are fine, but if a client is having a 2 hour+ full set of lashes, would it be deal breaker to have a hairdryer running perhaps several times during their treatment? As I assume this treatment should be a period of quiet time lol.

I have thought of providing a comfortable headset and iChill music on my iPad for clients during the treatment to provide a nicer and more relaxing environment.

Any thoughts on that, or other suggestions please? i'm panicking now lol

Thanks for reading my waffle :)

I think the headset and music is a great idea x

Brilliant idea! Beauty is the same set up in my shop too, there's no separate room, we use shower curtains (beach themed of course) to segregate for waxing, I'd never thought of the noise bothering eyelash clients they've never complained, it would be a nice touch to offer tho

Brilliant idea! Beauty is the same set up in my shop too, there's no separate room, we use shower curtains (beach themed of course) to segregate for waxing, I'd never thought of the noise bothering eyelash clients they've never complained, it would be a nice touch to offer tho

Cool, thank you. I'll go with it but take any client suggestions too x

It's the way forward, check out Repechage facial bar. People are time short and want instant results so they are bringing the back room out in the open. Doing facials and eye treatments in the front of the salon. I love the idea of the music, so soothing. Hopefully the snoring won't drown out the hairdryer. LOL

Latest posts

Back