Tools you couldn't live without?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x_kayla_x

Reaction score
Hey all

I am updating my kit and thought it would be good for us to all share our favourite tools in our kits right now? Things such as:

Hairdryer
Straighteners
Curling Wand
Cutting Combs
Ceramic Brushes
Boar Bristle Brushes

Mine are
Hairdryer: Parlux 385. I have the aqua colour one and love it :D
Straighteners: Cloud 9
Cutting Comb: YS Park - 334 and 336
Ceramic Brushes: GHD brushes

Im still looking for my perfect boar bristle brush, so interested to see what other people are using! And if anyone has tried the Ibiza brushes, what did you think?

Hey all

I am updating my kit and thought it would be good for us to all share our favourite tools in our kits right now? Things such as:

Hairdryer
Straighteners
Curling Wand
Cutting Combs
Ceramic Brushes
Boar Bristle Brushes

Mine are
Hairdryer: Parlux 385. I have the aqua colour one and love it :D
Straighteners: Cloud 9
Cutting Comb: YS Park - 334 and 336
Ceramic Brushes: GHD brushes

Im still looking for my perfect boar bristle brush, so interested to see what other people are using! And if anyone has tried the Ibiza brushes, what did you think?

I'm the same could live with out my cloud 9 collection (have everything) I lovvveeeeee the waving wand, Kent brushes and ys park combs!

I'm the same could live with out my cloud 9 collection (have everything) I lovvveeeeee the waving wand, Kent brushes and ys park combs!

Where do you get your Kent brushes. I think they look gorgeous. Would like to try them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where do you get your Kent brushes. I think they look gorgeous. Would like to try them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salon promotions chick xx

My YS park Combs, Moroccan Oil Brushes, and Paul Mitchell Wonder Brush when it comes to hair up x

I couldn't live without protip tinting brushes and Denamn headhuggers

Anyone else?? I'm looking for new brushes and looking for ideas :)

I have :
Denman: dressing out brush and 3 sizes of the original Denman brush
Salon services: 5 pack of round ceramic brushes , cutting comb and a few pin tail combs
Moroccan oil: paddle brush ( not used yet though )
Swissco : boar bristle paddle brush oval brush ( my fave brush for blow drying straight or just brushing the hair - silky smooth :) )
Wet brush: wet brush for wet hair ( funny that 🙉 ) amazing to reduce the chance or snapping and removed tangles and brushes hair so effortlessly when wet
Tangle teezer: for wet hair or dry during consultation
Conair: boar bristle round brush

I have lots more brushes but these are the ones I use mostly ( or my new Moroccan oil one )

Any suggestions? Xx

I couldn't live without protip tinting brushes and Denamn headhuggers

I also love headhuggers and I love my goldwell tint brushes and my headjog dinosaur clips!xxx

Im a sucker and buy everything when im let loose in Sallys!

My parlux 385
The Wet brush
Denman D74, complete faves!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've never heard of a wet brush?! X

I've never heard of a wet brush?! X

They're a new thing .. Or new to me anyway 🙈! They have flexible bristles which allow you to brush through the hair without tugging.. I thought it was all a farse and didn't believe it would be as good as they make out ... Until I used it on a client with long hair that hadn't been cut in nearly a year and tangled very easily... This just glided right through it and left the hair smooth and untangled xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1417642834.802936.jpg

Definitely the wet brush. At my local Sally's store, they were giving them out free when the brushes first came out. I thought freebie, load of rubbish. But oh my god! It detangled a clients' hair with ease when it would usually take 15 minutes of frustrating combing. I sell loads of them too.

The wet brushes are fantastic, much easier to hold then a tangle teaser I find

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow! Thank you! That's my next purchase lol! X

ohhh hello wet brush!! Will definately be buying one on Thursday! Its vat free day in sallys��
and for me, it would be my car! I'm mobile, stuck without it!
x

Valera dryer (Just tossed two spendy dryers and going back to my trusty Valera. The last I'll try is Parlux. If that doesn't deliver, it's me and Valera for life.)

Macadamia, YS Park, and Marilyn round brushes.

Apricot Oil

Chi Silk Infusion

Balayage paddles that I've collected from various places.

My YS park Combs, Moroccan Oil Brushes, and Paul Mitchell Wonder Brush when it comes to hair up x

I have purchased a ys comb to see what it's all about 😄 I had a comb by Denman that was similar to the blue vidal Sassoon combs but I can't seem to get them anymore xx

Latest posts

Back