Top ear piercing hurts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babychops

Reaction score
Not sure where to put this so I thought I would put it in the chit chat thread. I have had my top ear pierced for about 10 years now and every time I put an earring in it, it still really really hurts, I can't keep it in all day as I can feel it burning up and get more and more tender! Why is this? Was it just pierced in the wrong place?
Thanks for any help x

Not sure where to put this so I thought I would put it in the chit chat thread. I have had my top ear pierced for about 10 years now and every time I put an earring in it, it still really really hurts, I can't keep it in all day as I can feel it burning up and get more and more tender! Why is this? Was it just pierced in the wrong place?
Thanks for any help x
Have you tried a titanium earring? The first one I had done was sore for ever - I let it close. The other ear was done at metal morphosis and healed up nicely. Have you tried using zinc cream on it?

Have you tried a titanium earring? The first one I had done was sore for ever - I let it close. The other ear was done at metal morphosis and healed up nicely. Have you tried using zinc cream on it?

No I haven't tried that. Tbh iv only used cheap earrings in it. I will try a titanium earring. When I was little I couldn't wear any cheap earring as my ears would get very sore but now it doesn't matter. So maybe that's the problem. Thanks for your help x

Was it done with a needle ? As years ago (about 20!) before body piercing was big I went into a hairdressers & they just pierced it with an ear piercing gun!! Because a gun smashes the cartilage out the way this is why I had nothing but problem with mine, I admitted defeat in the end & took it out!! X

Was it done with a needle ? As years ago (about 20!) before body piercing was big I went into a hairdressers & they just pierced it with an ear piercing gun!! Because a gun smashes the cartilage out the way this is why I had nothing but problem with mine, I admitted defeat in the end & took it out!! X

Tbh I can't remember how they done it as it was about 10 years ago. I keep trying to wear an earring in it but it hurts to much. I'm gonna give up! X

If it was peirced with a gun thats probably why ur having problems with it now. Try a titaniun one like other geeks have said. I had mine done with a gun about a year ago (i knoooow naughty naughty haha) but luckily ive never had problems with it....had my tragus done....with a needle and suffered loads after xx

I had mine pierced 12 years ago and have never been able to wear a stud in it. Have you tried wearing a small bcr instead?
I have a nickel allergy so can only wear gold or silver (but i dont like silver with my skin tone) but my bcr is surgical steel.

My first one was done with a gun too - prob the issue with why it hurt so much for so long.

Yep I had mine done with a gun too...oh the shame [emoji15]....for two years it was fine then got a massive black abscess on the back of my ear...total agony but total stupidity on my count...we live and learn...sorry can't offer any productive advice as I had to end up removing mine x

The upper Ear (Helix/ Antihelix) area generally takes longer to heal, as it is thick and cartilegeouse as opposed to soft flesh (lower Ear) and if cheap studs are used for piercing that area, may not heal at all.
If you have a thick upper ear, getting it pierced using needles would be more suitable. If the area is fairly thin, a piercing using a piercing gun is fine. I use studex and have never had any issues and it is one of the best in the market.
Also, might be worth changing studs to a higher carat of gold 18c or 24c, or titanium. For the sorencess, cleaning the area with warm salt water works better than even the piercing solution as it drys out, reduces any puss/swelling. If all these dont work, might be best just to take out stud as there are a few people who's skin just do not take to piercings. Hope this was of some help

I had a triple forward helix piercings and they took a year and a half to heal.
They were tender, and would repeatedly bruise and swell.

I very rarely wear my earrings in my lobes but if I put a cheap one in after not having them in for months they kill! Same with my belly button so I have to settle for gold or titanium! But after having them in for a few weeks at a time once the area has got used to having something in the hole I can wear cheaper things in them!

Latest posts

Back