Topcoat foggy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missvain

Reaction score
I finished painting a sample set of 5 tips, and then painted a layer of top coat. But, instead of a high gloss finish, my tips turned foggy :cry: Any idea why this is happening? Some areas of the layer of topcoat are glossy, some areas are foggy.

The only time I have seen this is if I have applied a varnish dryer too soon after applying the top coat - did you use anything like this?

On my tips were nail polish and acrylic painting.And I put a layer of INM fast drying top coat to finish, and nothing else. :( It is only foggy in certain areas, and you can see it turn foggy in those areas as it dries.

By the way, what is a varnish dryer? Is it like a quick drying oil used in manicures?

By the way, what is a varnish dryer? Is it like a quick drying oil used in manicures?

Yes, I use Solarspeed spray after any varnishing, manicures or enhancements.

On my tips were nail polish and acrylic painting.And I put a layer of INM fast drying top coat to finish, and nothing else. :( It is only foggy in certain areas, and you can see it turn foggy in those areas as it dries.

in my opinion, it's the top coat itself....i used it a few weeks ago and noticed the "fogging", but i thought that it was just where i applied it over my nail art sealer....it never really cleared up, so i just removed the nail art after a couple of days.....then i used it on one of my clients (who doesn't wear nail art) and the top coat turned foggy over her polish!!! i had a time trying to get that stuff at least a little clear so that it wouldn't look so bad, but i think she let it go because by that point i'd had such a long day....it didn't look toooooo bad, but i could tell, so i hadn't used it in a while until today, and low and behold, my nails turned foggy!!! i love inm because of the shine, durability, and quick drying properties, but i am having a lot of trouble with both fast drying top coats....guess i should go back to seche vite....no fogging there!

Hi there

The bristles on the brush[topcoat] will pick up & retain the previous colours used.
I swipe my treatment brush's as necessary throughout application on a lint free surface[dental bib] & clean with scrubfresh.
Trail & error ..after clouding a few large bottles of product rendering them usless. Clean as you go works for me.

XX J XX

The exact same thing happened to me! I was painting nail tips and after applying some clear top coat to seal everything in, it started turning foggy. What’s annoying is that it didn’t even turn foggy everywhere, just some areas. At least if it was cloudy everywhere it would look uniform but no. Just cloudy patches on gloss. :(

Latest posts

Back